ramon

DZCOM Mini Speed challenge

Saturday April 6th
it was
Aggie Dave........weight w gear ~270
Ramon..............weight w gear ~218
NacMacfeagle... unknown but probably a little more than Ramon
ProTracks set on TAS were worn on the ankles.
Any DZ commer think they can beat the champ?:D
Aggie and Nac...what were your speeds?
Ramon

I got 195 this weekend.... Kinda on the slowish side but it was fun in a stand. Oh yeah.... Exit weight was like 185 :D Give me 50 pounds of weights and see what fun we can have.....
Hey.. Its my camera, and my remote... I'll rewind if I want to! ~ Goat #2

Yeah. I tried going head down in a tight rw suit saturday... it didn't work so well. The stability issues kept my speed down to about 165 mph. I'm gonna have to try it without booties some time....
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

202, tried to go fast head down but man, I flailed plain and simple, skill is definitely involved here. I knew at the time I'd be posting a slow speed. Should have gone with the stand as planned. I was interested to note that when I've done speed before, the speed was measured over a mile with the gate starting at 11k, no strong feelings on it tho......Trent did a good job running all this, and still making the most of the weekend at the same time.
There was some rumour as to whether there was a slow Protrack involved, but my head mount gave me 198 so I guess it was just pack shed talk.
As for weight out the door.......I jump a spectre 170 at 1.6, I'm not gonna post my vital stats on the web, but you can do the math if it really matters. I'm not fat, I'm just trapped in the wrong body!!:D My gear is also verrrrry heavy ;)
And besides, I got a Pro Track and a gong out of the weekend, I'm 'Chuffed as Phuq' as we say back home...
Cya
D

Actually, Clays post got me thinking, here is a comp we can all play, mebbe start a wee league of our own right here. We all at least know somebody with a PT and a Data i/face, we could just post our data from that as evidence (screen capture the spedd/alt profile). No prizes, just braggin' rights.
BTW Clay, I thought I had this cinched as the jump I did with the Slappie kid gave me 221 sitting in a verrrrrrry baggy ff suit.
Guess I must have hit some thin air on that one :)edit>>>>Ooooh and Skgeek was in the speed comp too
Cya
D

We will see who can beat my score as witnessed by Aggie and Nac (and will probably be published in Skydiving magazine).
BTW I know a slender girl that can do 300 in a stand (last year she did 273 in this contest).
All of you...post your scores...digital photos of Protrack or scans of published speeds (skydiving mag or parachutist) will be accepted.
Ramon

we could just post our data from that as evidence (screen capture the spedd/alt profile)

I'm in. F@#$% beer light came on before I could make my run at the title. >:(
I don't have the JumpTrack software but I could take a digital pic of my ProTrack reading and post that.
FYI my current high is 224 (SAS in a freefly suit).
Just to coordinate, ramon's 270 is TAS, so let's post TAS numbers to keep everything straight.
FYFYI, I think AggieDave had like 198 in a stand.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

"I don't have the JumpTrack software "
I have, and the interface cable, and we could prolly load it on a PC at the DZ, or run it on my laptop......If you wanna download your PT onto my laptop sometime, give me a shout.
Did I send you two PMs today? I've only got one on my system here.....
Cya
D

i'd have a go at that myself. my top speed so far, not really trying 217 mph. head down, now i've got a new jumpsuit (just in today) i'm jonesing to try it. as far as competition is concerned, i don't think it's a good idea, without 2 pro-tracks, one on the ankle, for better readings, and one in the ear for audible. going fast is fun, but we gotta do it safely!
Richard
"Wow, What The F**K Was That?"

Rich, you only really need 1 PT and another audible (at least one, preferably 2), so a Dytter, or Timeout etc could be used . There are some rules posted somewhere from Lapalisse, with loads of safety advice, I'll try and find it.
Craig Poxon has done a fair bit of official speed racing, it would be good to se his take on this before we start relative newbies out on this discipline.......I dont wanna see people hurt on this either.
And BTW I reckon my fellow countryman Craig will dish out whoopass if he puts his mind to it.
Cya
D

I see ya Sam, and I remembered you were competing, see my second post. It was good to see you and your dad again.
Us Cessna DZ dudes gotta look out for each other.:)Okay all, heres some good info
http://www.speedskydiving.net
check out the rules which have some gear advice....
Cya
D

Ramon, I stand only with one person at over 170? And I dont do speed dives so that will stand as my Stand 170+ speed.
I was the only female entry last year at the FFF. You must be thinking of some other time, another boogie or another contest.
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Levin in RW suit.. I have pictures!!!

Ahhh, I knew it.... my buddy Jennifer.
She has a trick alright....
Woman is red hot and has not even been jumping.
HD thru Mr Jack's formations only to go back and do it again. Baddd to tha Bonneeeee.
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Levin in RW suit.. I have pictures!!!

I am ashamed to say that I only got 198mph doing the speed dive. That, however, was done in a stand since I can't do headdown yet. I got Ramon to spill the secrets for speed after he jumped and I basically had the technics all wrong, so next year man, watch out! :D
"Are they short-shorts?" T.B.

Dave:
the head down position is easier to fly for me, you just have to be more alert than if in a sit. the only thing i do not like is losing valuable freefall time doing head down, and, stands. the only reason i do stands is for future skyboard training, the only reason i do headdown is to get better, and more comfortable.
Richard
"Life begins at altitude, and ends with a "perfect" tip-toe stand up landing"