SpeedRacer

Mike Tyson loses to McBride,

i'm surprised anyone cares. this guy is truly the example of how not to live life. i understand he had a horrible childhood, but he can't continue to live on that excuse the rest of his life. at some point he needs to step up and accept responsibility for his actions and become an adult male...right now he is still a child. truly sad.

i sure hope he gets things right with his kids bless their hearts.

i'm surprised anyone cares. this guy is truly the example of how not to live life. i understand he had a horrible childhood, but he can't continue to live on that excuse the rest of his life. at some point he needs to step up and accept responsibility for his actions...

He has done just that. Just a couple weeks ago I heard him on TV candidly saying that most of his problems were his own fault. It is sad that he only had one marketable talent, but then turned out to be his own worst enemy and sabatoged his own career. From what I heard him saying two weeks ago, it is clear that he fully understands that now.

On another point, let's not forget that he had business dealings with Don King. People who do business with Don King, always find themselves strangely short of money.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

yea, i agree he has made a public statement. he can say what he wants, but he still acts like a child. did you watch the fight? he openly admitted he head butted mcbride b/c 'i was desperate to win'. once again proving he has the self-control of a pre-school child. adults KNOW right from wrong and make a conscious decision to do the right thing.

talk is....talk. we might have different views on how we evaluate people's behavior. i look at what people do and put much less emphasis on what they say.....b/c in my book talk truly is cheap. anyone can say what they want, but until you do it then it's meaningless. i am happy he has recognized his shortcomings, but now it's time to actually do something about them.

i'm rooting for him and hope he comes around.

When you think about it, it was not such a bad deal for Macbride. He probably never would have received such a large payday with out being handed a fight that he was supposed to lose. Additionally it goes on his record as a win and as such, will most likely get him another shot at a largeish pay day down the road.

yea, i agree he has made a public statement. he can say what he wants, but he still acts like a child. did you watch the fight? he openly admitted he head butted mcbride b/c 'i was desperate to win'. once again proving he has the self-control of a pre-school child. adults KNOW right from wrong and make a conscious decision to do the right thing.

On that note, I think the incident in which he bit Holyfield should have had him barred from every being allowed to fight again. Not only was it a flagrant violation of rules, but it was pre-meditated since he had to spit out his mouthpiece in preparation.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That's amazing. The guy was just seen a s a bum to give Tyson an easy win to keep the big purses coming.

not a boxing expert but,

Tyson won 50 out of 56 fights during his career. I've heard some people say that a lot of those wins were against second-rate boxers, even in the early years.

When he went up against someone like Holyfield, well, you saw what he resorted to there.:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

he was so explosive and powerful in his early days. i can't imagine what it would have been like to face off with that guy in his prime. i would do a running swan dive over the ropes into the crowd and hope for the best rather than try and dodge that howitzer!

When you think about it, it was not such a bad deal for Macbride. He probably never would have received such a large payday with out being handed a fight that he was supposed to lose. Additionally it goes on his record as a win and as such, will most likely get him another shot at a largeish pay day down the road.

Excellent point. If, the boxing fans see it that way. If, folks look at it as, Tyson gave-up and McBride didn't really win and that 3 out of 5 rounds were given to Tyson. McBride, is still, going to have to prove that he has what it takes to be the 'champ'. Tyson, was not the 'champ', going into this last fight. I feel, this fight has definately, gotten McBride some attention, for sure. I think too, Tyson is done! We'll have to watch and see.

Chuck

Chuck

i'm surprised anyone cares. this guy is truly the example of how not to live life. i understand he had a horrible childhood, but he can't continue to live on that excuse the rest of his life. at some point he needs to step up and accept responsibility for his actions...

He has done just that. Just a couple weeks ago I heard him on TV candidly saying that most of his problems were his own fault. It is sad that he only had one marketable talent, but then turned out to be his own worst enemy and sabatoged his own career. From what I heard him saying two weeks ago, it is clear that he fully understands that now.

On another point, let's not forget that he had business dealings with Don King. People who do business with Don King, always find themselves strangely short of money.

Good points, and I think you are right.

But, think of how many people bought pay per view to see this fight. Why do people buy pay per view of Tyson? Because people want to see that train wreck. There's no telling what can happen when Tyson enters the ring.

In a sense, a Tyson match is a "Wrastlin'" match. You'll see dirty tricks, crazy-ass pomp, etc. But people still eat it up!

My wife is hotter than your wife.