aftermid

Fashonable Pets

My girlfriend and I were having dinner the other night at a nice casual resteraunt and she noticed a girl holding a small dog as an accessory. My girlfriend, far more in-touch with fashons of today, explained that the rat dog accessory, a la Perris Hilton, is the new thing. The only question is what's more annoying the little rat dog or the owner?

The only question is what's more annoying the little rat dog or the owner?

I answer C....all of the above :S
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I'm with you in this. They are both annoying as shit. Not to mention the fact that to bring an animal into a restaraunt is a health code violation.
I work at Costco- and people always try to sneak those rat dogs in the building. I just don't get why they feel the need to bring their dog everywhere. When I tell people that they can't bring thir dogs in- I always get the "Well what am I supposed to do with him?" How about leave the little piece of shit at HOME where it belongs!!!!
Sorry- these people really annoy me. I had to rant.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I think its a tie in terms of annoying but I am much more disgusted by the owner. So shallow!

So when the accessory goes out of fashion what will this caring person do with the rat dog?

I can think of things that I would do with the owner!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

The owner. The dog had no say in the matter. I took a flight from Atlanta to DC 2 weeks ago and noticed a blonde with the pink bag and little rat dog in the security line. A few of us had a good chuckle. I hope the dog gets the same attention after this fashion fad passes.

So when the accessory goes out of fashion what will this caring person do with the rat dog?

Same thing that happened with Dalmations nationwide several months after 101 Dalmations was in the theater.......End up in over crowded shelters nationwide where the odds are they will be put to sleep because no one will want a little rat dog. >:(:(
Fly it like you stole it!

I just don't get why they feel the need to bring their dog everywhere.

You've obviously never lived in a mountain community. Human population 3500. Dog population 4500.
Most places that are not food joints that I've been into up here will generally have a sign that states dogs must be leashed and/or have a dog treat bowl somewhere. My bank has a food and water bowl for customers who bring their canine friends in. And the water? it's one of those recirculating filter things.
I'll stick with my cat. She's entertaining enough as it is when the neighborhood fox goes trotting through the back yard.
------
Michael

Small dogs are great! They are usually soft and tender. Personally I like them in a nice ginger/garlic sauce with jasmine rice. Yummy!!!:)
Of course they are great sweet and sour too!!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

My girlfriend and I were having dinner the other night at a nice casual resteraunt and she noticed a girl holding a small dog as an accessory. My girlfriend, far more in-touch with fashons of today, explained that the rat dog accessory, a la Perris Hilton, is the new thing. The only question is what's more annoying the little rat dog or the owner?

Gia Pets can be cool, although annoying at times!:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Yeah whatever. Just because it fits in your purse does not mean it wants to live there.
Poor little guys. They always look a bit confused and freaked out. [:/]

Oh, and it's P-A-R-I-S Hilton. No need to be insulting the nice Perris folks like that... ;);)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Oh, and it's P-A-R-I-S Hilton. No need to be insulting the nice Perris folks like that... ;);)

My bad! I must have Perris on my mind. It tend to see that Perris a lot more than the other Paris.

Understandable... ;)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Hmm I wonder if a Rattlesnake as a belt will ever be in fashion.. they are so kewt.. and they make kewl noises too

The green one I had would not color coordinate very well with too many things.. although a sidewinder would go with all that desert drab wear I see out there

I saw a woman the other day at the mall that has one of these lil rat dogs and she was putting it down and letting it run around. I seriously felt like slappin this moron, i don't want a dog running around at a place that has a food court etc...plus its just annoying

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

I love bringing Fox to Boulder for just that reason. She can go into pretty much any store I'm there to shop it. She so loves car rides and outings that end in meeting other dogs and treats.

Sherpa on the other hand still need to learn control before he gets to go on outings.
Fly it like you stole it!

That is what I miss about Co...taking the dogs everywhere. Course not to the sit down resturants...but when i would go out around town.

If I say "lets go for a ride" I have two dogs running at me full speed excited!

Oh and they approve of the new ride! :D Maybe I will take them on one tonight :D

Soon enough...I will be back :ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I love dogs. I have a chow chow that loves to travel and is very well behaved. It's much more the fashon aspect that bothers me.

Oh I know...I just love my doggies...

I used to work at a Humane Society, and saw all the "toys" get dumped off >:(
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I certainly hope that the dogs aren't left in the cold once the fad dies out...

I have a distinct feeling that is exactly whats going to happen. People are not looking at them as pets, more like accessories and when the fad dies off, or the dog gets beyond 3 years old there will be a glut of them in animal shelters since its not going to be fashionable.

I love my dogs with all my heart, but i would not even think about subjecting them to something like that. Besides the fact that they weigh 100 lbs apiece :)

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

I have a Maltese (Maggie) who is 13 years old and she is a great conversationalist. We talk about everything under the sun. Politics, news events, latest books she's read, etc.

I also have a 10 year old Yorkie (Buffy) but she is more the silent type. We'll discuss dog food, favorite treats and such however she doesn't read and only watches the soaps on TV, no news.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

The place I like to go for haircuts has a sign on the door that says "Dogs welcome. Children by prior approval only." :)
Then again, women customers are somewhat verboten there as well, unless they're just picking up a gift certificate. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)