kelel01

Where do you "feel" your emotions?

For the life of me, I can't remember if I've posted this before, but if I did, it wasn't a very successful thread. :D So I'm not gonna search. :D

Psychologists say that everyone has a part of their body that they feel their emotions in. Where do you feel yours?

I'll start - mine is always in my chest or lungs. When I'm really happy, sad, nervous, etc. I lose my breath. Nearly every time. When I'm angry, my chest burns, which is weird. :D

Some people get stomach aches, some people get headaches, and a radio DJ here in Atlanta says her butt goes numb. :D

So where do you feel it?

I think depending on the intenstiy of the emotion I can safely say that it has the capability of overtaking my entire body...

but I've never focused on where it eminates from...

I'll have to do that... I know some emotions make me light headed... others make me sick to my stomache... and there is the occational droping of my heart on the ground...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Depends on the emotions.

Happy-Face-Penis
Horny- penis
Sad-Soul-But penis is still happy for some reason
Angry -Shoulders, hands, but penis still doesn’t care
High-Happy all over, but penis gets horny

I know I am a very complicated man.:P
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

In my tallywaggle. B|

JK, from all the replies, I had to do it.

I don't know where I feel my emotions, but I'll tell you one thing....when I get mad, angry, upset, or annoyed, I get a MAJOR adrenaline rush, whether I need it or not. Not sure why.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I feel intense emotional pain in the last joint of my left ring finger. Since I can remember that's been the spot. I can't explain why or how, but that's where I feel my bad emotions. Didn't realize that it was a normal thing for folks to feel emotions in various places on their body, just thought it was an oddity for me.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i'd have to say my throat! when i get realy angry it hard to talk, same way if i'm really upset... if i'm really really happy my voice does this wierd thing..........

I'll start - mine is always in my chest or lungs.

Me too, always in my lungs. So I have a related question..

Why do we all bring our hand to our mouth when we witness something very emotional. Whether it's delight, grief, beauty, horror, pain...whatever, it transcends language and culture. Why do we do it?

I'd have to say, chest/stomach. If, it's a really emotional thing, the chest area. If, it's a nervous/tense situation, stomach and chest area. I think, we'll find that those are the areas of the body we feel emotions first and maybe spreading to the knees or arms and hands and feet. Thus, the old sayng about 'cold feet'.

Chuck

I am being ignored aren’t I ;)

PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain