ACMESkydiver

What's with the cowbells?

Ok, now that everyone has been brought up to speed on where it all started...

Here is how you obtain a cowbell number and become part of our family:

I have a cowbell custom made about 18" tall with a rubber gripped handle. It is bright red, and is proudly lettered in black "More Cowbell!!!" The cowbell is also fitted with a velcro wrist lanyard similar to an altimeter strap (can't have a big ass cowbell turn in to a lawn dart!!!).

For all those that wish to receive a number, they must jump with me and the cowbell. The dive flow is as follows:

Prior to boarding the plane, all pledges on the jump shall be given a drumstick.

I of course have the cowbell.

At said altitude I exit first and all pledges dive out after me.

In order to successfully obtain a number, the pledges must one by one fly to me and ring the cowbell with the drumstick. Also, pledges must not ring my knuckles; the cowbell should be the only thing to be struck by the drumstick.

Break off is at 4,000 ft. All pledges turn and track away; I have the center and dump at appx. 3,500 ft.

Most everyone on the ground will know upon completion of a successful cowbell jump; as I ring the crap out of it while under canopy!

Pledges must also not lose the drumstick and return it to me after the jump. For instance, if you are right handed and use your right hand for the drumstick during the skydive, you will have to switch hands for deployment. Then stuff the drumstick in your jumpsuit or hold on to it during canopy flight.

As jumpchikk mentioned, we will put together Cowbell loads at Skyfest for all interested parties.

Most important item to remember:

The drumstick is intended to hit the cowbell, and NOT the skydiver that is jumping with the cowbell... :ph34r:

Any questions...

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

It is pretty interesting to see several skydivers approaching you in freefall with sticks in their hand, especially since you already know they have full intentions of swinging them at you...

Dude, i'd swing a stick at you on the ground too. Freefall makes no difference. :P

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Be careful sunshine, remember my thought patterns.....

Sticks and stones may break my bones, & whips and chains excite me!!!

Don't forget the candle wax!! I'm really into the candle wax thing lately. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I just saw a better than ezra concert where they pulled some college kid up on stage and handed him a cowbell and then proceeded to start playing the blue oyster cult song... told him that the stage was his canvas and the cowbell was his brush.. basically "run around the entire stage like a fool banging on this cowbell" :)

funny thing is Blue Oyster Cult was there playing at the same time on an opposite stage.. :)

Kevin