dustin19d

Speaking of "In the Military"

Im 10 months into my 12 month tour in Iraq, in Ramadi of all places. Ive put in the paper work to extend an additional 12 months over here. Who thinks Im crazy. Everyone over here thinks I am.

P.S. Since the last time I was in the Bonfire(JUL 2004) there have been 1,022,184 new posts made.:S

You're nuts in a good way;). I know the feeling of how annoying it is to train forever and hardly do the real job you train for. Thank you for what you're doing for all of us, including those people on these forums that disagree. They don't know it, but it's only because of you and the people like you that came before that all of us are even able to enjoy this sport and every other "simple" thing in life. Keep safe and I'll be praying for you.

Mike

I don't think you are crazy. I think you are very generous. Thanks so much for what you are doing for us and for the world. You are part of history. You really are making the world a better place.

B

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

I don't think you're very crazy unless you're leaving some kind of family behind. Sometimes the selfless thing to do is sacrifice your own happiness for that of your family.

I agree that it's much better being deployed - the wartime mission is what we try so hard to replicate in the garrison environment and it's never really quite the same.

Unless you're screwing someone else by staying where you are - drive on. Plus, when you get back, you'll be hookin' up all the new gear, maybe gettin' some leave, and hittin' a few boogies!;)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I don't think you are crazy. I once got orders for Fort Polk and just extended for another 6 mos in a different war. You are a professional and the money is good. Why not? Be careful. Wish I could be there with you.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Thanks for you service - just holler if you need anything! ;)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Coconutmonkey is there in your neck of the woods somewhere. I'm in Baghdad. You're not nuts......I've only been here a month but I plan on doing this for 5 years or until they scrap this contract........whichever comes first. I love this job........this is the coolest job I have ever had. Being in an "Operational" environment is the poop! B| It's still hard for me to believe I have been here a month and haven't fired my weapon yet. :D

I don't think you're crazy at all. As a matter of fact I'm damn proud of you and all the other soldiers, sailors and marines for their sacrifice for the global war on terror. Never mind the whinning liberals......the other 85% of the country is extremely proud of you too. Keep up the good work and God bless you and all those that choose to protect our freedom and way of life. Hoooah!!! SSG James