StreetScooby

What kind of pet peeves do you have?

1. I hate traffic lights.

Most are poorly programmed. There are better ways of controlling traffic at intersections that are (a) safer, and (b) result if fewer unnecessary delays, than traffic lights.

2. I hate people talking on the phone and not paying attention while driving.

3. I hate waiting in line at a checkout behind someone who appears to be taken completely by surprise that they actually have to get their money out and pay.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

dont forget about the spinner hubcaps

Your right. Was crossing a street in NYC. A car that I _thought_was stopped at the red light, out the corner of my eye, had spinner hubcaps. I 'bout pooped myself as I was in the middle of the street...
We are all engines of karma

1) Doors that close automatically. I've never been in a situation where I needed the door to close itself, but there have been many times where I wanted the door to remain open and it swung itself shut. For example, why to we insist on putting that little cylinder on the screen door that pulls it shut? It's fine if your hands are free, but if you're carrying something the door is pushing against you and can tear your clothes if you're not careful.

2) People who wait behind the line to make a left turn, rather than getting into the middle of the intersection. If you can't make the turn before the light changes, you (and I) have to wait another light cycle. Stop doing this!

Cheers,
Jon

#10. Anyone who parks in my reserved parking space!!! (No, I'm not anyone even mildly important! I live in an apartment complex with limited parking and I have an assigned covered parking space.)

#9. People who don't control their kids' behaviors in public.

#8. The annual United Way fund drives in corporate America.

#7. Americans who act like jerks in other countries.

#6. Non-Americans who act like jerks in the US.

#5. People who don't clean up the mess after their dog takes a dump in a public place.

#4. Hillary Clinton--for so damn many reasons!

#3. Traffic jams.

#2. Anti-gun activists.

#1. Whining--especially by me!!!

Walt

People who pay by check at the grocery store. Hello....use a check card...it is the same thing and so much faster. Of course...these are the same people who wait until everything is scanned to pull the checkbook out of their purse....AAAHHH!!!!

The number of my students who have cell phones and computers in their rooms...and their parents do not know how to keep them from talking/ IMing all night....

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

People who suddenly stop walking in the street or even worse at the top of an escalator

And my dz.com pet peeve is people who reply "PM Sent" to a post. Is it not obvious that you have sent a pm to the person who has received it - and if you have sent one privately then why do we need to know.

Cue amusing person replying to this with "PM Sent"

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

I don't think I want to tell any of you my pet peeves... as you might choose to do some of them against me...

ok, fine... I get annoyed when people try to use peer pressure to get me to do something I wouldn't normally do... especially when it involves women...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

You wanna try the london undergorund or que for a bus on Brixton high street - elbows at the ready

Personally I just hate the way I'm jinxed and my boyfriends keep breaking themselves.

Always being on top is bad when you have packers knees.

Sky Pikey

People who chew with their mouth open. I fired a guy for it once. It's just disgusting, plus it's usually accomanied by other disgusting personal habits (or lack thereof). B|

Also, people who wait till the cashier is done ringing them up before they *start* filling out a check, and then stand there gabbing with the clerk after their transaction is complete. It's like "Hello! We're waiting for you to move along! Please gab with perfect strangers on your own time, not mine!" :S

People who are trying to sell me something who won't take no for an answer. Religion sales-people seem to be the worst offenders, but there are more than enough selling tangible products as well. I'll say "no thank you" or something similarly polite once or twice, then manners get thrown out the window. :P

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

All of the forks, knives, spoons, etc, HAVE to be seperated into their own compartment in the dishwasher... all of the plates have to be facing the same way, from smallest to biggest, and all knives pointing face down...

and I cant stand noisy or extremely picky eaters...

:)