gale

Naked Skydiving and Breathing

She died not from lack of O2 to the brain but from lack of porosity in the epidermal layer, your skin need to be semi permeable otherwise you would not be able to persire.
As for breathing thourhgh the skin you can only do that is the surface area to volume ratio is such that ossmosis can occur. Homonids have a very bad surface area to volume ratio for this,
Amphibians and insects don't they can breathe through tier skins (exoskeletons in insects).

This is along the same lines as dont jump in the rain 'cause the back of the raindrops are sharp and they hurt.
hehehehe.
(btw thetyire not sharp or pointy)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This is along the same lines as dont jump in the rain 'cause the back of the raindrops are sharp and they hurt.

I always tell that to whuffos when they ask if I can jump in the rain. Sometimes they laugh, and sometimes they don't. ;)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

I am highly interested in this sport after tandem jumping and have been doing a lot of reading and researching today. I also found a few sites saying you can absorb the O2 thru you skin. I just had to come here and see if it had been mentioned in the past. LMAO !!!

Yes it has and even brought up with nakedness. ;)
Gotta love it.

I also tried to find a scientific site talking about this and this is the best I could find.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99673.htm

Them ARMY boys are rough.

OK, so I've been aksed this really crazy question that I now am passing onto all of you:

when you skydive naked, is it necessary to breathe? (don't laugh), apparently someone thinks that enough oxygen will permiate the skin that you in fact will not "need" to breathe.

Anyone heard this?????

Gale

Life's not worth living if you can't feel alive

This is one of the greatest hoaxes I have ever run across. I was watching TV one night and saw that a show "Ushuaya" (or something like that) was having a skydiving segment. Apparently, one of the jumpers had told the people producing the show that line of BS and they actually had it on the show!

I've got the official video and it is hysterical!!!

To answer your question, breathing happens through the respiratory system, NOT the skin and breathing in freefall, whether you are naked or not, is the same as it is on the ground.

Walt

No no no you're all wrong! You breathe through your skin when skydiving naked and you CAN get pregnant from swallowing!

Edited to add:

Queefing under canopy tickles.

its not often I laugh out loud when I read the forums.

thanks!
My photos

My Videos