hfore

Mamba BH Helmet

I have a big melon and the Mamba was one of only 2 that fit. The other was the FreeZr. I preferred the Mamba. The face shield locks tight and stayed on when I forgot to close it. Only negative is that the plastic shield gets scratched easily. But the replacement is cheap from BH or a piece can be purchased from a place like Tap Plastic and cut to shape.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Like sean stated, he has a big melon, and if you do the mamba seems a better choice.
I have a pinhead, and jump an Oxygn and it fits great.
Your best option is try on different lids and find the one that fits YOU properly, dont rely on Dizzy opinions.
All the major brands are of equal sort of quality.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have a pinhead,

*Throws fists into the air*

Yes, he finally admits it.:P:ph34r:

Come on Squeak, that was too easy.
Dude not only do i admit it I proclaim it,:ph34r::ph34r:
small hands little feet, pinhead, and I'm a large penis:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: BUT My LIFE ROCKSB|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've got a Mamba but don't have a huge melon or anything.. fits great. I have trouble wearing sunglasses underneath it and it is hard to talk.

If I was to buy again.. I might consider the Z1.. however, I've never heard of a Mamba coming open in freefall..

I have a huge melon and and made several jumps with glasses or sunglasses. On this point the Mamba is much more roomy than the Z1. The locking mechanism is safer too (the locking pin on the Z1 breaks sometimes, seen it happen a couple of times).

Overall, I vastly prefer the Mamba to the Z1, but in France the Z1is 40% cheaper...

another member of the big head club here, and i have a mamba as well! i like it, it's comfy, it's secure. i had to get rid of the ray-bans and get gatorz so i could wear sunglasses under it though, not a lot of clearance. i'm also finding that the lens scratches easy, but like someone else mentioned, they're cheap. i'm not a big fan of the audible pocket though. the velcro that holds it in place (or the fabric it sticks to) isn't very secure, and i had to put some duct tape over the hinge bolt for the sheild to keep it from scratching my audible all to hell.

best bet is to try them on if you get a chance. i tried a bunch and the mamba was the first one that fit right.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I don't have a big melon either.
I had a little bit of headache while buying a helmet. When I was in DeLand I tried all of the fullface helmets which they had on stock. Mamba fitted like a glow. Previously I was considering Z1 M or S sizes, however M was too loose and S was too tight. In the case of Mamba M size was perfect. Very comfortable and easy to use.

The only thing which I don't like is that the helmet can move in freefall if not properly (very) tightened.

I think that the choice depends on your preferences. I like mine very much tough.

regards
Janunsz
Back to Poland... back home.

I've got a large head and I'm a long oval shape, so I've got two strikes against me out the gate. The Bonehead helmets have fit me the best of any I've tried so far. I can put my sunglasses under the visor with no problems and I've had no problems with movement in freefall. I don't have the neck roll pulled tight, but my chinstrap *is* comfortably snug.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I have been jumping my Mamba for about 1 1/2 years and it is a fine helmet. Fits very well, quiet, visor lock is the best in the business.

And it's fun to go to a dropzone where nobody knows you, set your helmet bag down and quickly back up while screaming SNAKE, SNAKE, SNAKE!

Just burning a hole in the sky.....