themitchyone

Would you clone your pet?

So apparently there is a company that has cloned a cat and will clone your cat for $50,000, and dog cloning is supposedly up and coming. I have a nine year old cat who is very sweet, loveable, and funny, as well as a little psychotic. Basically, I will miss her when she is gone someday, but at the same time I couldn't imagine wanting to clone her. To me that doesn't seem the best way to honor her memory. I would much rather share my life with another pet.

What do you guys think? Would you clone your pet?
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

Not a chance. I love my pets like they wree family, but when they are gone there are plenty others in need of love. People needs to let go.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

No...I wouldn't want the good memories of my previous pet to be clouded with those of a new one. Each pet that I have had, had memories that I associated with them......Each animal should be unique...Plus the Humane Society has plenty of pets that need adopting and good homes...

~R+R:)..."Don't forget to have your pets..." well, you get the picture...Good old Bob Barker...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I wouldn't clone a pet. 50k to try duplicating a cat personality - ah nope! What is the guarentee that you'll end up with a similar personality? It isn't like the movies where you won't have to train them the same way again.

The question to everyone now should be, would you do it for $1K.

Exactly, you can clone any living thing's physical form, but you can't clone their memory, the way their minds have been shaped over time. It's similar with twins. They have the same genetic and physical makeup, but can have entirely different personalities, memories, attitudes etc.

Nope. Lost my old cat (16 years) a couple of years ago.

Looking at losing my other old cat (16 years) probably within the year.

Love em dearly. Wouldnt clone either one. Love em too much to try to replicate them. I'll cherish their memory by sharing my home with another deserving SPCA cat.

I wouldn't clone a pet. 50k to try duplicating a cat personality - ah nope! What is the guarentee that you'll end up with a similar personality? It isn't like the movies where you won't have to train them the same way again.

The question to everyone now should be, would you do it for $1K.

Sure the money factor is a consideration. There's not much people will do if it costs $50K. Still, even if it were cheaper I couldn't imagine wanting to clone my cat. I think having an animal that had the same physical appearance as my Daisy Mae without it being her would be even more sad and kind of creepy, too.
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

What about Cryogenesis? (Ahh, Spelling Police!!) Can I get Toby Froozen and then thawed out when there is a generation willing to put up with him? It's an awsome idea - - I'll go put him in the fridge right now!!!

I'm just kidding, i really like my dog. He's just dumb.

Edited for spelling only..
=========Shaun ==========

hmmmm, I clicked yes, but now I'm starting to re-think it. If I made a clone of my cat (Bongo, who died last August), the clone might look just like him but might have a totally different personality. that might not be a good thing, to look at my cat who looks just like Bongo, but really isn't.:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

For $15K? No way! For $15 or $150, yeah, probably would. I had a great mellow black chow (now that's rare, the "mellow" part, not the "black") A guy came by and was opening garage doors with his automatic closer and stealing things. He was making a second pass at my house after stealing some tools. It had been raining and Yang Su was in the garage. When the garage door came up, he came out -- scared the robber away, but he got hit on a busy road., He was 10 years old. Loved that crazy dog!

I agree with Steve. For $15 or even the price to buy a dog I would clone my dog Kira, that is why I clicked yes.

There are 2 types of people in this world: those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't. --Bill Murray