BeattheDrums

Lookie lookie

I was talking to one of my co-workers today and she was telling me that her neighbors had recently moved out. So she's setting out on her porch and this little guy crawls out from underneath her neighbors porch... Not sure if they had abandonded him or not but he's mine now:)
Looking at him were not entirely sure what he/her is. There is some tabby I'm fairly sure due to the M on the forehead... but then the strips turn to swirls...

He/she is also really neat in the fact that he/she also has 22 toes... thats right 6 on each front paw and 5 on the back ones... okay without further ado

Pictures!!!

We also need a name for the little kitty

A thunder of jets in a clear blue sky, a streak of gray and a cheerful "Hi"

;)
polydactile cats have extra toes
hemingways house in key west has loads of them in the garden
taking my kids there in two weeks time
the gene for the extra toes(claws) is a dominant gene and when heminway was given one of these cats many years ago he ended up with loads of many toed cats!!!!
really cute story
blue skies
steve
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

Looks like a torbie (tortoise shell tabby). Cute little one for sure!

Name him George... :S

Why do you keep saying tortie? What is a tortie? The kitten looks like a silver tabby (same style markings as an orange, but silver/gray instead). The first one I happened to see was at the vet and being "stored" for the moment with a grandpa - and it was a male kitten. Grandpa was a trainer cat to teach unruly kittens manners (he smacked them around when they got out of line). But yes, I think silver tabbys are generally female.

A torbie is a tortoise shell/tabby. I had two of them in my life, and that's what the vet called them. Sapphire (RIP) looked exactly like a swirled tabby, and Crayon looked like the kitty in the pic. My vet could be wrong I guess...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I have one that has swirls like that and when she was too young to tell if it was a he or she, I called her Target. Still her name today. And she is way too smart for her own good.:P

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

He/she is also really neat in the fact that he/she also has 22 toes... thats right 6 on each front paw and 5 on the back ones... okay without further ado

aigh! It's the evolution of the cat! Beware! Soon they will multiply and wield guns and start their war against humanity.

Oh wait - that sixth toe isn't an opposable one, is it? :o
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Definitely NOT a tortie/ torbie. Those are tri colored cats, like calicos- black, orange and white, but with the tabby pattern- stripes and or spots and blended colors. Calicos have less striping and blending, more patches of solid color. Torties and calicos tend to be female- its a genetic thing. Males are rare and tend to be sterile.

Anyway, that little guy is a grey (or silver) tabby domestic shorthair. (common alley cat) "Tabby" only really refers to the striped/ spotted pattern of his coat. He looks a lot like my Spike who is half "domestic short hair/ common alley cat" and half ocicat. He's a cutie!

*edited to add that a tortoiseshell is more blended black and orange coat, with very little white. But the more diluted versions of the colors- cream and blue (almost grey) also qualify.

Tortoiseshell refers more to the coloring, mottled refers to the pattern if I'm not mistaken. Tabbies can have stripes, spots or swirls (and in any combination). Just do a google search on tabby cats and you'll come up with more information than you'll ever need! :D