alanab

which cell phone service doesn't suck ass??

I have verizon and I love it. Very few places I don't get service. Went cross country with my phone and didn't lose serice once and I even get service in my dorm room on campus-something very few people can get. I'm overall pleased with verizon-just make sure you glance at your bill from time to time to make sure its correct

*daizey*

Depends on where you are going. Down in DeLand, Verizon is the only one that works inside my apt. Nextel, Singular, and Sprint are worthless.

Find out where you are going to spend most of your time and desicde from there. They all suck!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Hey, VERIZON people! Have any of y'all noticed that your voicemail says this, and it's really annoying:

"You have 2 unheard messages. The following messages have not been heard. First unheard message . . ."

Jesus . . . do you think I've already heard the message that's about to play? >:(:S:D

Hey, VERIZON people! Have any of y'all noticed that your voicemail says this, and it's really annoying:

"You have 2 unheard messages. The following messages have not been heard. First unheard message . . ."

Jesus . . . do you think I've already heard the message that's about to play? >:(:S:D

HAHAHA! That message irritates the crap out of me! Also, whenever you have a message that you have saved for so long that you HAVE to delete it, it will say...

"The following message will be deleted from your mailbox. Your message from (ex. Sheena Brunner)"

It actually has the person saying their name if they are in the Verizon network. Otherwise it will just say "Your message from" and go on to the message.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I had, Cellular One and switched to Cingular. Cingular offered a better deal at a lower rate. Got a free phone that does everything but wash dishes:D and roll-over minutes, nationwide long distance and etc. The only time I've had trouble is, when I'm working cattle and the mountains get in the way of the tower and I don't have service.:)

Chuck

EVERYONE hates their cell phone and wants to kill it.

Speak for yourself.;) You can have my Motorola MPx200 when you can pry it from my cold, dead fingers.B|

<--happy Voicestream/T-Mobile customer for 9 years.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Is that one of best phones out there?
I wish I could google and get a list comparing all the phones, like consumer guide or something. I tried to do it once and got zip. Just individual advertisement pages for different phones. I want to buy a kickass phone. I hope this isn't hijacking this thread too much but it sortof goes along the same lines. :)

It's best for me. I personally like it because I can load it up with 1GB of SD flash media, it runs Windows Mobile so I can use IE and Messenger, I can use it as an MP3 player, and I have some nifty programs on it. Including an NES emulator and every first-gen Nintendo game ever released.B|

I'm upgrading to the MPx220 which adds a 1.2Mp camera, video capability, and bluetooth.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Cingular has the best reception at Byron.

I've got Cingular/ATT and don't have many issue.

As to the phone, the Cingular Treo 650 is the bomb. Works great as a phone, bluetooth, surfing the web is pretty fast and very easy. The picture phone is just OK, but better than nothing

I currently have one of the "pay-as-you-go" phones via Virgin Mobile. I'm looking at getting Cingular service, and I'd LOVE to find a phone that has quad-band, voice dialing, vibrate and bluetooth with a SIM chip.

I don't need PIM functions, a camera or anything else...just that.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

<--happy Voicestream/T-Mobile customer for 9 years.

I was a happy T-Mobile customer for 4 years switch to shit ass nextel for one year, and got back into T-Mobile THE VERY DAY my nextel contract ran out. T-Mobile is the best I've had.

Plus my sidekick kicks ass!B|
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

I have to bump this up.

I got Cingular family plan for alysse and myself...but it seems pretty crappy most days here in Atlanta. Though the other day it worked fine in the marta train!

Tmobile has the same type family plan for $10 cheaper per month, plus they will give us the same cell phones free (cost $80/two samsung fliptops)....

While we are talking about this, what do you all think about bluetooth wireless headsets? Its more $$ to get a phone with that.....

thanks,
Marc

We're thinking about switching our cell phone service away from Sprint PCS which sucks ass. Verizon seems to have the fewest “dead zones” throughout the country. T-Mobile seems ok, but I wonder if they have more dead zones than the bigger companies. Cingular has about the same deal as Verizon, possibly a few more dead zones, but the thing I find attractive about Cingular is they have rollover minutes, which the others don’t have.
Oh, what to do?

Verizon alwaws gave me great service and there are no roaming charges! I use my phone all over the country, even in the middle of the desert in Moab

Sold.

Does Verizon have Blackberry or SideKick support?

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I'm about to have to whine and cry to sprint to let me out of my contract. My phone doesnt work in my apartment which is just inside the perimeter in Atlanta. I even got another phone added to my contract with a number local to atlanta and it still doesnt work. So I'm just going to get rid of the whole damn thing.
Casie has t-mobile and hers doesnt work either. I think Bob's phone works in my apt and he has Cingular.
Most of y'all are saying that cingular is pretty good.. so I think I'll try that one out.