JohnRich

What Women Want in a Man

New York Daily News article:

Playgirl's hunks? The hairy, chubby & poor!

Forget waxed chests and rock-hard abs. A new survey finds ladies like their men scruffy, a wee bit chubby - and definitely not a metrosexual.

Playgirl asked 2,000 of its readers what they find sexy in a man and the answers were surprising: 42% said they thought love handles were kind of sexy and 47% approved of chest hair.

The mag, which often features toned, hairless males in its beefcake photo spreads, is now searching for a man who meets readers' standards.

Rich playboys need not apply - only 4% of women said the size of a man's wallet mattered. Metrosexuals are also out: 73% want a guy who is "rough around the edges."

"This survey shows that the guy who's most attractive to our readers is not your average Hollywood hunk," said Playgirl editrix Jill Sieracki. "It's the average Joe who came up on top. Women are practical about their choices, and they're smart."

Source

There is still hope for us chubby, poor guys!

What women like to look at, and who they want to be with (deliberate pronoun choice) are often two entirely different things.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think those women that don't think the wallet size matters were lying. I don't think that most women just look how much some one makes. But they definitely don't want someone dirt poor.

And being a woman, you'd know. :S

I'd much rather be with a dirt poor guy who lives in a tent and is happy with himself and his life than with a millionaire who hates where he is and what he's doing.

"Why are they dirt poor?"

If they are dirt poor because they are sending money home to their parents or helping their friends, that's acceptable.

if they are dirt poor because they are paying their way through college, that's acceptable.

If they are dirt poor because they lack motivation to find a job, then why on earth would anyone date them?
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

I do like a little chest hair, after all I like my men to look, smell, and act like menB|; however, I would rather have a healthy, fit man than one with love handles, not that I wouldn't date that type. There is something so appealing about a man who sweats and works hard to be healthy:)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I think those women that don't think the wallet size matters were lying. I don't think that most women just look how much some one makes. But they definitely don't want someone dirt poor.

And being a woman, you'd know. :S

I'd much rather be with a dirt poor guy who lives in a tent and is happy with himself and his life than with a millionaire who hates where he is and what he's doing.

ditto. If money is important to me, then I'll earn it myself. That is definitely a peripheral issue, and not what's important in a partner.

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

ditto. If money is important to me, then I'll earn it myself. That is definitely a peripheral issue, and not what's important in a partner.

I couldn't agree more. That's what I tell my parent when they bring the $$$ thing up. I was doing fine when I met my boy toy, and If I want something I will do what I have to to get it.... and you know how women get when they want something ;)

For me it's all about the support system. I don't need a man to give me an allowance.I need a man to give me space to do what I want. (we both know who I'm coming home to... and why I'm there) I need a man to pick me up and dust me off when I fall. To give me a push in the right direction. To support me when I need it. And in the rare instance that I cry... to hold me and tell me eveything's o.k....
That and to occasionally tell me I'm gorgeous.:P

hmm....nice sexy 5 o'clock shadow, some chest hair...(definitely enjoy the treasure trail :))....

damn...the images popping into my head....meow! :)

For me it's all about the support system. I don't need a man to give me an allowance.I need a man to give me space to do what I want. (we both know who I'm coming home to... and why I'm there) I need a man to pick me up and dust me off when I fall. To give me a push in the right direction. To support me when I need it. And in the rare instance that I cry... to hold me and tell me eveything's o.k....
That and to occasionally tell me I'm gorgeous. :P

Agreed.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

What women like to look at, and who they want to be with (deliberate pronoun choice) are often two entirely different things.

Wendy W.

AMEN TO THAT!!! ;)

I have to say, I am rather sceptical about these types of surveys... A lot depend on how the questions are worded, and also how women want to be perceived.

Example: if you had to choose the most acurate statement between these two:

a. A bit of chesthair can be attractive
b. Chesthair makes me want to puke

I'd answer "a", which might seem as though I like chest hair--I don't, but if I had to choose I'd say it's ok, as opposed to HIDEOUS!

And consider this type of question:

I choose a mate according to the size of his wallet:
a. Never
b. Occasionally
c. Always

I'm going to say "a.", but that doesn't mean money isn't important!! And as someone's already said, there are factors there, as well--mostly, it's the ambition and motivation that the man has that's important, not his current actual net worth.

These surveys are crap! They're designed to shock and provoke--or support someone's "fantasy world" where love handles are sexier to look at than a firm six-pack... *PLEASE*!!! ;)

--
Edit to add: Now, let's get you men to send in naked pics of yourselves, and we'll have a totally unbiased survey as to which one of you we find sexy!!! :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Edit to add: Now, let's get you men to send in naked pics of yourselves, and we'll have a totally unbiased survey as to which one of you we find sexy!!! :)

psssttt.....there's a really cool search feature and if you happen to put "naked post whore" you'd be amazed at what you'll find. ;)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Ahh, but I'd rather be with a millionaire who is happy with hirself than a dirt poor tent-dweller who is happy with hirself. But then again, I went through a phase of having to support my significant other, so I'm probably biased. [:/] Bottom line, I want to be with someone who likes themself and is basically well-adjusted and happy. I'd prefer that they had enough funds to enable us to do things together that I enjoy. Many of those things (like jumping, or skiing) involve disposable income. So all else being equal, I'm going with moneybags. B|
"You guys should just do CRW. There are so many more ways to get killed, it makes a CYPRES seem safe." -Kevin Keenan

ow to make a woman happy

It's not difficult. To make a woman happy, a man only needs to be:

1. a friend
2. a companion
3. a lover
4. a brother
5. a father
6. a master
7. a chef
8. an electrician
9. a carpenter
10. a plumber
11. a mechanic
12. a decorator
13. a stylist
14. a sexologist
15. a gynecologist
16. a psychologist
17. a pest exterminator
18. a psychiatrist
19. a healer
20. a good listener
21. an organizer
22. a good father
23. very clean
24. sympathetic
25. athletic
26. warm
27. attentive 28. gallant
29. intelligent
30. funny
31. creative
32. tender
33. strong
34. understanding
35. tolerant
36. prudent
37. ambitious
38. capable
39. courageous
40. determined
41. true
42. dependable
43. passionate

WITHOUT FORGETTING TO:
44. give her compliments regularly
45. love shopping
46. be honest
47. be very rich
48. not stress her out
49. not look at other girls

AND AT THE SAME TIME, YOU MUST ALSO:
50. give her lots of attention, but expect little yourself
51. give her lots of time, especially time for herself
52. give her lots of space, never worrying about where she goes

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT:
to never forget:

* birthdays
* anniversaries
* arrangements she makes

HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY

1. Feed him
2. Fuck him
3. Shut the fuck up.
If you can't race it or take it to bed.... it aint worth having.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is something so appealing about a man who sweats and works hard to be healthy:)

Let me direct you to this thread - :P

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1785627#1785627

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants