prepheckt

I feel like a hooker.....

I'm job hunting too--looking for work as a technical writer. I'm actually pretty good at it, but the market seems a bit slow right now.

After reading some of the recent posts from people who really hate their work environment, boss, etc., I'm thinking I could post something like the following on monster.com or one of the other job sites and get some bites:

Available immediately: "Total Dickhead"

I understand that management is far too busy working on the golf game to have time for many of the more mundane tasks.

That's where I come in. I'm a dickhead--everybody's worst fucking nightmare.

I don't give a shit whether employees have responsibilities outside of work. That's their problem, not the company's. Wife and kids? Fuck 'em!!! Work comes first.

I'll get the word out that your company doesn't have room for whining. We've got shit to do and THAT comes first.

Lunch breaks? Fuck that!! We've got deadlines. Breaks? What, are you fucking kidding me?!!!

With ME on your side, you won't have to listen to the bullshit crying from people you fire. I'll handle that. The fact is, I kind of like it! Kind of makes me feel like a kid again. Back when I was burning ants to death with good ol' sunlight focused through a magnifying-glass. Those were the days!

I'll make sure your admins get their shit together and get a clear understanding that washing your car IS part of their job. After all, showing up at the country club with a dirty car is a bit embarassing, isn't it?

Oh yes, and I'll gladly cover for you when your wife calls and asks about those "late evenings at the office". "Yes, Mrs. Trophywife, Joe has been working relentlessly on the budget--we all have. He's in a meeting with the board right now, but I'll have him call you as soon as he gets out!". (Of course then, I'll page you at the hotel, bar, or wherever.)

Walt

Both, they couldn't give me another active duty job, so I have to go reserve/ANG (to pay off my committment), and since that is only part time, I must also locate a civilain job. (because I have this strange aversion to starving)

Army needs helicopter pilots......

They won't let me fly.:(
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

For sleeping with my commander's 18 year old daughter on his desk, in his office.:)

I'm in the AF and, sorry but I have to say it, that's retarded:S:|

Which is why he was kidding... :D

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

You know when I read the subject line I was thinking, "funny me too!" Problem is I think they have all gone to bed (to actually sleep) this time of morning. Shit man it's like putting a bad but memorable song in someone's head. How will I make it through the rest of the day.

I'm there for ya.

So I have to find a AF job that I can pay off my committment, otherwise they want the several hundred thousand dollars it cost to educate me.

But seriously I love how they make it your responsibility to find work within their organization to meet your commitment to them. It's not like it's your fault they are downsizing. If they can't find work for you then your commitment to work for them should be null and void. There must be a toilet in some hazardous location they could have you cleaning. I wonder who is taking the lead from who these days? Used to be that companies took the lead of the military. Now seems like things have turned 180 degrees. Makes me nostalgic for a time I never knew.

Hooker? Isn't that a synonym for "swooper"?

;)

It could, but I don't think prepheckt meant it that way... :P

This is true, swoopers don't sell themselves for money. What a depressing day, I got turned down by another unit.[:/]
-9 toes

i would have guessed they'd just assign you somewhere.

My guess is it is hard to assign someone without ratings... although it should be on them to find him a unit...

prepheckt - after you failed to qualify as a controller, did they reclass you to another specialty? You'd think that they would not cut loose an Acedemy grad so easily... You could always try to switch to another branch... What happens if no units will take you on? What does you contract say about paying the money back?

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

What a depressing day, I got turned down by another unit.[:/]

do you haveto apply to unit commanders? that's odd.... i would have guessed they'd just assign you somewhere.

If was going to remain active duty, then that would apply, but since I have to go reserve/ANG, I have to apply directly to the units.
-9 toes

after you failed to qualify as a controller, did they reclass you to another specialty?

They tried, but there are no open slots in any specialty that I am qualified for.

You'd think that they would not cut loose an Academy grad so easily...

You'd think that wouldn't you? I know I am not the only member of my class that is currently in the same situation.

You could always try to switch to another branch...

I am considering the Army, I'm looking at all available options, but if possible, I would like to remain in the Air Force.

What happens if no units will take you on?

Then I will be separated from the AF and my commission (that took me 5 years to earn) will be taken away, plus education costs will be recouped.

What does you contract say about paying the money back?

That I must serve 5 years (it's now down to 4, I've been in a year) or pay them back the money, which currently stands at $120,000, so that is why I'm trying to serve in the Reserves/ANG, also, I'm also in debt for a loan that I took as a junior, and will have to pay back.

Since I do not know where I'll be ending up, I have been saving as much money as I can to cover moving expenses, apartment set-up, job searching, and the like for a few months until I find a job which will depend where I move to. So no jumping, going out, eating out, etc....
-9 toes

That I must serve 5 years (it's now down to 4, I've been in a year) or pay them back the money

You may want to check with a legal type to see if that applies if you are separated involuntarily... that is if you haven't already...;)

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke