kelel01

How long does it take you to feel comfortable/secure in a relationship?

good question...I tend to trust right off the bat,,till like chaoskitty said they do summthin that makes u question the trust,,Trust in any relationship as far as my 2cents is the foundation,,iffin u ain't got that then what do u have?

security is an 80 yr old invalid millionair that wills every thing to ya

lucky

I'm get fully confortable within the 1st week. As for secure or trusting... not until something happens where it is proven to me. That quickly or in a long time.

I used to trust until I was given a reason not to.... but no. Trust is to be earned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ya we'll rape the local objects, and maybe do some jumps too!"

Comfortable- depends on which corner she is working and how much she's charging.

Secure- I feel secure once she is out of the truck and I realize that I still have my wallet.

:P;)B|:o:$
I'm joking ladies don't jump my ass.

:):):)
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Comfortable... pretty much right away. I don't really know how to be anyone other than myself. I'm pretty adaptable and have a lot of different sides, but people are pretty much gonna see the real me from day one.

Being secure and totally trusting ... takes a while, but there's no set timetable - just depends on the person in question and where I am in my life. There's a few people in this world that I let all the way in and it takes some time, though I'm a lot better about it than I used to be. I used to "test" people a lot more ... now I trust a lot more because I believe in me a lot more.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

MMmm Comfortable depends on the person.
I have encountered people that you know very well and still don't feel comfy around them, and another where i am convinced we were married in a previous life, because we are so completely natural around each other with no hassels ever.

Secure: Buying a house together, them phoning you from a stip joint to tell you the chick suck,
they think you are so hot and they are coming straight home to you!!
Overhearing them tell their friends how much they adore you, love you, appreciate you and a little bit of jealousy on the side.
B|

Any form of mistrust sends both these out the window very fast!!

B|

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

I've been married for 18 years and still am not "comfortable/secure" -- I think that relationships are ongoing processes that requires changes and "tweaks" all the time.

Those that have not jumped can not understand
Those that have jumped can not explain.

Comfortable-Pretty quickly, I'm just me and I can't help that. I am bi polar as all hell so which me is subject to change
Secure-Never. I'm always working to prove myself. I try to make sure that my wife is the most important thing in my life every day. I know that she could have done better on several levels.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

depends on the people... I could never put a time frame on trust or friendship because Ive met people that instentley I knew they were going to be good friends for a long time but Ive also met people that it took months and even in one case a year for me to start letting them through my walls...

First Time:
Comfortable: Pending after 9 Years
Secure - Pending after 9 Years

Last Time:
Comfortable: 5 weeks of phone conversation + 9 hours together
Secure: about two consecutive weekends

It's not a math function where you can plug in any variable, it's a chemistry formula that depends on both ingredients, and their state at the time of mixing. When it's right, it's right. And it doesn't have to be forced.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Humm,for a sensitive guy?Sometimes never!(lol)Secure is too objective.Who is secure about anything?Trust might be a better word?I'm pretty much comfortable only around my skydiver lady and male friends.Most if not all the ladies already know that given the slightest chance I will be"Pervy" with them.Hey,I'm bringing the grape jelly,chocolate and butterscotch sauce to our adult slumber party sat. night!(lol)rabbit:)

***It's not a math function where you can plug in any variable, it's a chemistry formula that depends on both ingredients, and their state at the time of mixing. When it's right, it's right. And it doesn't have to be forced.

Give me a fucking break! Did you get that cheesy bullshit off of "Queer Eye for the Rasta Guy":P

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Godamn this is a good question! I wish I had the the answer. . . . .I am in a new relationship right now I am a little scared to get too attached to this girl because of this reason. I do like her, and I believe the feeling is mutual but she is a little young by my standards. . . .23 yrs. old and I'm soon to be 30. At times the age is noticeable which I believe can have an affect on the related topic. Also I think another important factor is who initiated what. At this point she is the one pursuing me and working to keep my attention, but I know that will change eventually we do become more complacent about each other's presence. I guess the key here to have regular communication about your feelings for one another, because we all know when the honeymoon wears off the relationship will become more challenging.

If I had to put a time frame on it:

Comfortable 1 month, but this depends on how much time you spend together

Secure: 1 year or longer

Cheers,

J.P.

I'd say it depends on the quality and quantity of communication, honesty, understanding, and how giving you are to each other.

Yes, they're two different questions. Comfortable means you can be yourself, and secure means you trust the other person not to screw you over or lose interest (but imagine I said that with slightly nicer wording :D). And by secure, I don't mean that you've become complacent, per se . . . but maybe you dont wake up every few days thinking that the other person might have woken up and changed their mind about you. I've been on both sides of that, and it sucks either way . . . seriously.

Anyway, my answers:

Comfortable - 2-3 weeks
Secure - MUCH longer (6 months-ish)

????

Just taking a little poll here (but it's too hard to put in actual poll format). ;):D

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

Comfortable means you can be yourself, and secure means you trust the other person not to screw you over or lose interest (but imagine I said that with slightly nicer wording :D). And by secure, I don't mean that you've become complacent, per se . . . but maybe you dont wake up every few days thinking that the other person might have woken up and changed their mind about you.

Comfortable: 1-3 weeks...

Secure/Trust: MUCH LONGER!! Gonna have to consider the S.O. my boyfriend for longer than 6 months....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

Well it may not be the smartest thing to do.. but I tend to trust until given a reason not to. But once that trust is broken .. its so over.

Me too. [:/]

Next time I do that, I'll PM you and you can call me stupid. :S:)

Please do same for me. Doubt it will happen soon. In close to two years I haven't found anyone that deserves an ounce of the trust I once gave to someone.