masterrig

U.S.P.A. revokes 1800Skyride.com membership...

In the September issue of Skydiving, there is an article in 'Maybe You've Heard' about this. The Group memberships were revoked (forever), not for un-safe practices but rather for business practices so unsavory they "degrade the sport." "It was basically an ethics charge." Check-out the Sept. issue!

Chuck

Where the heck have you been?

File this under "Old News", good though it is.

Hint -- check the "What Can We Do About Skyride" and other threads in GSD.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Where the heck have you been?

File this under "Old News", good though it is.

Hint -- check the "What Can We Do About Skyride" and other threads in GSD.

I appreciate your pointing this out to me. I just read it in Skydiving, earlier today. As I recall, it seemed as though the previous word was speculative and hopeful. I'll sure watch it in the future as to what I post.:$ Thanks, again!

Chuck

Yup, and I haven't been so glad to hear about an organization going out of business since the Gestapo! :D:SB|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

What? You mean the N.S.A. (National Skydiving Association) isn't real? :ph34r::D

Damn, what about this tandem rating I got through them? I took this course over the internet and it said 50 jumps was enough...

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

...Damn, what about this tandem rating I got through them? I took this course over the internet and it said 50 jumps was enough...

Rats, I got ripped off. I had to do 60 jumps...I'm going to go back to get a refund....after all, it's only 20 minutes away.:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

How I wish it were true that they were going out of buisness. I doubt their buisness will be affected much at all by this. They will operate under their own made up association.

well, this past weekend i passed by asc several times on the way to skydive the farm's plane. and i dont think i saw the otter go up even once. just sat there all day.

In Reply To
was ASC's membership revoked as well?

Edit to add:
on that same note, Pell City & PennRidge too?

Yes, as well as Chuting Star.

I thought that only the owner's USPA memberships had been revoked, but the DZ's GM was still intact. But I don't get Skydiving Magazine. Is it true that the DZs GM has been terminated too?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

In Reply To
was ASC's membership revoked as well?

Edit to add:
on that same note, Pell City & PennRidge too?

Yes, as well as Chuting Star.

I thought that only the owner's USPA memberships had been revoked, but the DZ's GM was still intact. But I don't get Skydiving Magazine. Is it true that the DZs GM has been terminated too?

According to the article, it was all group memberships of the above mentioned.

Chuck

thought that only the owner's USPA memberships had been revoked, but the DZ's GM was still intact. But I don't get Skydiving Magazine. Is it true that the DZs GM has been terminated too?

Yes all their GM's were terminated also. Chutingstar has moved to the Farm.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Log on to www.chutingstar.com for more information.

;)
I was really shocked when I saw Chuting Star listed. Appears as though, he's 'divorced' himself from a 'situation'. My only contact with Mike, has been through e-mails. He has been very helpful and seems like a stand-up guy, which I'm sure he is. I was floored when I saw him listed. I'm glad, he's on his own. I hope, the best for him.

Chuck

To clear the air: Mike Gruwell nor Chuting Star has lost any status with The USPA. We at Skydive the Farm welcome him with open arms. Everyone is invited to stop by and visit Mike and the rest of the staff. www.skydivethefarm.com
People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.

To clear the air: Mike Gruwell nor Chuting Star has lost any status with The USPA. We at Skydive the Farm welcome him with open arms. Everyone is invited to stop by and visit Mike and the rest of the staff. www.skydivethefarm.com

Thank you, for that. That's great to know. There has been previous discussion on this forum about Skyride. When I saw the article in Skydiving Magazine, I posted about the article. I am glad to know that things have worked-out good for Mike. As I've stated here, I have found him to be a great deal of help and information. I have also stated that I hope only the best for him and his endeavors.
Thank you again, for setting things straight.

Chuck

Chuck

As mentioned above and confirmed with Ed Scott at the PIA meeting this weekend.
Chutingstar is still a group member in good standing. He would have lost his group membership only because he has to be affilitated with a group member DZ and ASC's group membership, as well as the other two owned by Ben and Cary, was revoked. By associating with skydive the farm he is still a group member in good standing.

This came up during the consideration of Mike's application for PIA affiliate membership, which was approved.

PIA Membership committee Co-chair
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

As mentioned above and confirmed with Ed Scott at the PIA meeting this weekend.
Chutingstar is still a group member in good standing. He would have lost his group membership only because he has to be affilitated with a group member DZ and ASC's group membership, as well as the other two owned by Ben and Cary, was revoked. By associating with skydive the farm he is still a group member in good standing.

This came up during the consideration of Mike's application for PIA affiliate membership, which was approved.

PIA Membership committee Co-chair

That's great! Glad to hear it.

Chuck

I've also heard a RUMOR that the airport lease at ASC is conditional upon their membership in USPA. Can anyone confirm or deny?

we shall find out soon enough.

skydive the farm is in the same city and the same county. skydive the farm was "required" to have a USPA membership before they approved the buissness license. skydive the farm only opened 1 1/2 years ago. asc opened almost 10 years ago.

they may not renew there buissness license, but who knows. the future will tell.