Anvilbrother

What is there to do in Amsterdam?

My wife is going on a business trip to Amsterdam and I am tagging along. I bought a Digi Reb to take pictures with. Does anyone live there, or know much about the place? I am looking to take pictures, go to museums, and get into any other trouble I have heard about:P For a reference we are staying at this hotel.
NH City North
Distelkade 21
Amsterdam Nl 1031 XP

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

nothing at all... amsterdam is boooooring:P

make sure you go to coffee shops (duh), anne frank haus, heinekin factory, canal boat tour, van gough museum, ummmmm i've been there 4 or 5 times and thats about all i remember:S
but i know i had a good time!

edit to add... and make sure you eat a falaffel from the little falaffel place right outside the train station (drool)... pic attachedB|B|

my pics from my most recent visit here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alanabyrnes/album?.dir=5526&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alanabyrnes/my_photosB|

edit to add again... dont forget the sex museum and the live sex shows! i knew i was forgetting something!:$

Van Gogh museum.

Walk around ... it's a great wandering city.

Eat frites on the street.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

ummmmm i've been there 4 or 5 times and thats about all i remember

Is that because of the Heinekin? :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Do NOT miss the Rijksmuseum. Fantastic. The Van Gogh museum is also a definite must see. Even if you don't like art, the Rijsmuseum is still really, really cool. The Stedelijk(spelling?) museum sucked IMHO.
A canal tour is also well worth it.

Didn't like Oranjeboom beer all that much. The Heineken Brewery tour isn't too bad, even if Heineken isn't your brew of choice.

Hope you have a blast! I sure did when I was there.

:P
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Also get some of those yummy french fries with mayo from the street venders. (They still have those, right?)

And renting a paddleboat to tour the canals after visiting the coffee shop is a bad idea! Don't ask me how I know that though!:)

"smoking weed, smoking weed, doing coke, drinking beers! Drinking beers, beers, beers, rolling fatties, smoking blunts! Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts! Rolling blunts, and smoking..."

OK just kidding that's REALLY not my bag (dime bag?) But you got to love pot head humor. Seriously I'm sure there are things polite civilized things to do there. But why?

Do NOT miss the Rijksmuseum. Fantastic. The Van Gogh museum is also a definite must see.
:P

I suggest visiting a head shop and picking up some mushrooms and partaking in them as you walk to the Van Gogh museum. I hear it makes the art a lot more interesting.

:)

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

ummmmm i've been there 4 or 5 times and thats about all i remember

so maybe you can enlighten me: there are some coffee shops that sell these things called "spacecakes", in vanilla or chocolate. What are they, exactly, and do they contain any psychoactive substances?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I think space cakes are just cakes and brownies made with hash or pot- nothing too pyschodelic. And what you can buy to smoke is probably much better. The quality that is available there is really amazing, ummm from what i hear and all. Last time I was there was a very long time ago!

Isn't Amsterdam where you can go window-shopping for whores?? :S

Red light district! Oh yeah!

It's quite fun! Each street has a sort of theme. You have your collegic hotties on one street, sexy black chicks on another, indians on another, then you hit a street where all the girls have adams apples but they're usually dressed much better than the other girls. :D

Around the corner and down the street there's the uh...less expensive ones.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Yeah it does kinda seem like you should be able to experiment and get an out of jail free card with a trip to Amsterdam. Problem is that it is actually illegal there. It's just unenforced. I was in the military during my visit so I had to even be carefull when ordering things off regular menus.