ccowden

Megadeth or Metallica?

I had to vote Metallica. Before the Black Album they could do no wrong. It wasn't until they got a major label and some hot shot producer did their sound change.

Even with that said. Metallica did more to change the metal genre then any other band ever. They are trully avantgarde for their time.

Funks you named some awesome bands.. they're clearly not in the same league as Metallica nor Megadeth. They have their place, just not within the context of these two bands.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

They both SUCK:P

How about:

Slayer
Testament
Lamb of God
Throwdown
Biohazard

How can you leave Anthrax off that list? And as far as the PMRC goes, how did Tipper miss out on the ballad they made about her (it was on Attack of the Killer B's). The PMRC, in my opinion, only went after things they know would light up in the media. It was just an extension of the hype behind the Suicide Solution BS from years ago.

Have to agree with what is being said over all about Metallica - they changed a lot, and I hated the Black Album (aka the Spinal Tap ripoff) when I first got it. I always thought that Jason would bring a bit of the Flotsam influence into the mix, but it seems he was just never a part of making their music. The Black Album was just a victim of Lars wanting the fame and the record company wanting to overproduce the CD and capitalize off them. Cliff was just pure musical genius and I wish he was still around to see how he would have grown (I still have his last concert on bootleg cassette). I've always liked Kirk's style over Mustane - Kirk has much more of a classical appreciation to music where Dave seems to just love to thrash it up. There is nothing wrong with either method, but one of the reasons I loved Testament was how they brought so many influences into their music. Megadeath has remained so unchanged that I don't feel the need to buy anymore of their CDs - they all sound the same to me. I liked a lot of the St Anger stuff - it reminded me of the old, angry metal days of the 80s. I always enjoyed Suicidal, therefore I was happy to see Rob get on with Metallica - I'm hoping they will let him get in on making music unlike with Jason.

It's a simple question.

Megadeth did go for tandem jumps years ago and wrote a song about skydiving called "High Speed Dirt", and they have changed very little, if at all, in their style and sound over the years.

Metallica is probably far more popular due to having several monster hits.

However, in my opinion, AC/DC can whoop ass on both of them anytime!! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

AC/DC can whoop ass on both of them anytime!!

Though they were considered hardcore metal back in the day (Bon Scott anyone?), now I just consider them straight-up rock & roll.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

However, in my opinion, AC/DC can whoop ass on both of them anytime!! Cool

Yep thats about right.. AC/DC been rocking me for long Ass time..But I'll Rock out to Metallica any day. They both rock..not much on Megadeth though..
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

I just saw Some Kind of Monster last night. And I have to say I think all the members of Metallica (witch I used to love there old shit) with the exception of Jason and Cliff are big fucking pussies. Dave Mustain who I like Megadeth even more then Metallica is the biggest whiny bitch I have ever seen.

It was truly sad to see men who have forgotten they have or use to have a set balls between there legs.

Jason put it best. FUCKING WEAK
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I had the same follow-up question, so I answered based on their music careers as a whole. Taking that into account I voted Megadeth. They've always maintained the same formula... even if it's been hit-or-miss at times.

What I found odd was that in "Some Kind of Monster" Dave still seemed obsessed with getting booted out of Metallica and didn't give himself any credit for what he did with Megadeth.

Their musicianship is top-notch and his lyrics are wonderfully cynical and a helluva lot more intelligent than anything Metallica ever put out.

agree 100%
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

fuck Jason, I miss Cliff.

Cliff should have left that window rolled up on the bus:| bad break.

the window wasnt down as it was a closed pane in the sleeper bunk.. the bus hit 'black ice' (so the driver claims but no one ever found any ice) and Cliff was thrown out the window as the bus rolled on top of him... but it should have been Lars in the bunk... Cliff had 'won' it a bit before in a card draw... the Ace of Spades...[:/]

ok so here's a list of SOME of my favorite metal ALBUMS AKA FULL CD's/tapes/record (whatever you call them)

Metallica-- puppets
Megadeth- Peace sells...
Anthrax--white noise
black sabbath- master o fthe universe
I still listen to those.

some that I dont regularly listen to but I remeber being GREAT:

overkill--years of decay
Slayer- reign in blodd
slayer--(brain fart) which one had War ensemble on it? that whole album was good

anyone remember
fate's warning-- No exit
flotsam and jetsam no place for disgrace
death angel- any of them ( with original line up)

and some not so HEAVY metal
Judas preist
ok I guess thats all my brain remembers as far as what I consider the ELITE of the genre/decade
My photos

My Videos

Death Angel just recently put out a new album. It is fucking awesome!!!

man, I hope so. I heard they got back together but didnt hear the album. is it in stores? is it more like "act III" or their first two?
My photos

My Videos

Death Angel just recently put out a new album. It is fucking awesome!!!

man, I hope so. I heard they got back together but didnt hear the album. is it in stores? is it more like "act III" or their first two?

Yep, its in stores. I think it is more like act III. I liked the other two but some of their shit was a little bizarre. Frolic through the park was out in left field. The song"Bored" sounded decent until he started to sing....The new album has the hard driving thrash sound to it with awesome sounding vocals.

check out the reviews on amazon....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001NPUCY/qid=1124221602/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/104-0318172-7455970

My personal favorites are:

Pantera southern tread kill
Pantera far beyond driven
Metallica ... and Justice for all
Kittie... Orcle
Queen of the Damned sound track
Oh and anything with Metallica would have to be before they sold out. I will not listen the their new crap.