marks

Attention homeless hurricane victims

A very close friend (like a sister to me) and her 7 month old boy was also living with us when this happened. She is here with us but she maybe trying to get back to the Daytona area next week to be with her own family depending on whether or not we can get any info on the status of her job in slidell. Her vehicle has 210K miles on it and a flat tire right now. We're getting the tire taken care of today hopefully. She may need a place to stay along the road to get there especially if gas shortages become a real problem. I'll update you guys in a few days depending on what the situation becomes. Or if anyone knows of an open x-ray tech position she's probably going to need a new job.

just keep us updated on what's going on with her. i live next to daytona so i can help on this end of things....

Right now I think Laurel would be our best hope in getting in touch with people.

The issue of offering people homes was just brought up on tv. The newsperson said that people need to consider that the farther away they are from the disaster area, the harder it is going to be for them to stay in touch in order to get government assistance. Just something to remember...

Most LA,MS skydivers belong to the Yahoo! Group called rworg. I will send out an email with this thread link so evacuees can contact people if they need a place to stay. It is through rworg and telephone that this thread's messages can best be sent. Also, my understanding is that most people have a safe place to live right now, but may need to relocate to start their lives over since a lot are are homeless, but more are jobless. Thank you so much for this outpouring of assistance.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Also let them know i can pick them up. I am leaving up to Ga tomorrow afternoon. Also have a friend in Pensacola that will pick up people if needed and i can meet him half way. Also, my room mate is in charge of hiring at Macys i am sure if they need a job he can hook them up.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

ATLANTA, GA

--2 rooms available at 1 location
--1 RV (at skydive the farm)

DUBLIN, GA

--spare bed and private bath (w/kids + doggie + beer)

MACON, GA

--1 spare bedroom
--1 motor home
--1 camper

TALLAHASSEE, FL

--space available in a 3BR home
--some apt space (skinnyshrek's friend)
--camper can be made available to house family of up to 4. has kitchen, AC etc.

CENTRAL, FL

--1 guest room (w/kids and cat)

DELAND, FL

--1 guest room w/bath; couch, air mattress + additional space as needed, close to DZ (1 cat)

OLDSMAR, FL (north of tampa)

--pull out couch, floor space, air mattresses as needed

WEST PALM BEACH, FL

--2 bedrooms

COLORADO

--1 spare room w/bathroom (pets + teen)

SO CAL

--1 spare bed (decent wine)
--1 spare room near perris/'snore

DALLAS, TX

--1 spare bedroom (+ doggie + snake)

===============================

TRANSPORTATION

can be worked out on an as-needed basis by many offering homes.

ATLANTA, GA

--2 RV (at skydive the farm)

DUBLIN, GA

MACON, GA

--1 spare bedroom
--1 motor home
--1 camper

TALLAHASSEE, FL

CENTRAL, FL

DELAND, FL

--1 guest room w/bath; couch, air mattress + additional space as needed, close to DZ (1 cat)

WEST PALM BEACH, FL

--2 bedrooms

COLORADO

SO CAL

DALLAS, TX

TRANSPORTATION

I changed the rv slots as mine is also up there if the people wanted to stay in Ga rather than tallahassee

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

wow, I have to echo Krisanne here. You guys are awesome. I am in the Northwest, so am far from toe trobles. My prayers are with you all, and your foamilies. If there is anything I can do from here, please let me know.

Wow, I completely agree. What a beautiful, giving thread.

If any homeless hurricane victims make it out to SoCal, I'll pick you up from the airport and drop you off at one of the two locations offered to you. Just PM me, please, if you need anything.

OK ALL. My Friend Scott Kremkau has set up an account with Bank of America. He is driving to La saturday with a shit load of goods and stuff. If you want to make a donation you can goto any bank of america put hurricane fund/scott kremkau
Bank of america
if you need to get a hold of him pm me i will give you his cell number or his dropzone name is WHITE FALCON OR HIS EMAIL IS [email protected] If you live along I-10 maybe you could meet him and give some baby food Water etc etc etc. We are going to Aj's tonight i am sure we will get some money out of everyone. Whatever you can spare will be appreciated.
Thanks all
Lee

Hi All. Scott Kremkau aka White Falcon here.

Lee did this while I was driving to my Moms house but I thought I'd chime in here.

My intent is to get as Much $$ / Goods together as possible and be on the road no later than Tues AM. I am wating on word from FEMA as to where exactly they would like me to bring whatever I can pull together.

Currently I am working with Specialty Agents of Florida (an insurance association) and soliciting funds from just about all the independent insurance agencies in the state as well as calling on all the agencies in my city (Tallahassee) personally and IN PERSON.

I have contacted the appropriate people at Publix, and Target to see about dicounts / donations / matching $$ for stuff as well.

Any help ANYONE can provide is certainly appreciated.

Anyone that would like to contact me directly, please do. My cell ph # is 850-556-6253.

Thanks to all in advance.

Scott Kremkau
Tallahassee Florida

hey guys we really appreciate your hospitality. right now none of us know where we are going to go, but we may take some of your offers. right now we are just taking it easy and trying to figure out what to do, and drinking tons of beer(yummy) were hoping to get into n.o. sometimes next week to get a few of our belongings if any, because of looting and water. i still have water up to the street signs as of this morning. we will probly not be able to move back into our houses, if they are salvagable for months. thanks again for your offfers.
take care
timt

Anyone who is displaced from Katrina and now in the Pensacola area....I have room for one, maybe two in my home if you need a place to stay. Having gone through Ivan and Dennis, I know how hard it is to not be able to go home.[:/] Please respond here or PM me and we will work out the details. Blue Skies!

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

SO CAL - Sunny Lake Elsinore

I have a 3400 square foot house in the middle of Perris & Lake Elsinore dzs. 3 extra bedrooms and 2 bathrooms plus a large bonus room. I live with just my two cats and travel quite a bit. My home is open to any skydivers and their families found homeless or friend's of skydivers in need of assistance due to Katrina. I will do a background check for my safety. Email me at [email protected] - leave for London next week for most of the month. God Bless all the survivors.

to catch it up:

ATLANTA, GA

--2 RVs (at skydive the farm)

DUBLIN, GA

MACON, GA

--1 spare bedroom
--1 motor home
--1 camper

TALLAHASSEE, FL

PENSACOLA, FL

--room for 1 person (possibly 2)

CENTRAL, FL

DELAND, FL

WEST PALM BEACH, FL

--2 bedrooms

COLORADO

SO CAL

--3 spare BRs, 2bath, lotsa room; between perris/'snore (cats)

DALLAS, TX

NEW MEXICO

--couch

ROCK ISLAND, IL

--1 room; part-time landscaping job if you want it; DZ-quad cities

TRANSPORTATION

==============================
also, for those that may want to extend past the skydiving realm, there's a website that will provide background checks for both parties:

www.homesforkatrina.org

there's also some good info there as well regarding help agencies and what-not...

hey guys we really appreciate your hospitality. right now none of us know where we are going to go, but we may take some of your offers. right now we are just taking it easy and trying to figure out what to do, and drinking tons of beer(yummy) were hoping to get into n.o. sometimes next week to get a few of our belongings if any, because of looting and water. i still have water up to the street signs as of this morning. we will probly not be able to move back into our houses, if they are salvagable for months. thanks again for your offfers.
take care
timt

Timmae...IF you can make it this far south FL...you are certainly welcome...no cover charge..beer and food will be GRATIS!

OK ALL. My Friend Scott Kremkau has set up an account with Bank of America. He is driving to La saturday with a shit load of goods and stuff. If you want to make a donation you can goto any bank of america put hurricane fund/scott kremkau
Bank of america
if you need to get a hold of him pm me i will give you his cell number or his dropzone name is WHITE FALCON OR HIS EMAIL IS [email protected] If you live along I-10 maybe you could meet him and give some baby food Water etc etc etc. We are going to Aj's tonight i am sure we will get some money out of everyone. Whatever you can spare will be appreciated.
Thanks all
Lee

Have any BofA customers been able to do this successfully via the BofA website? It keeps giving me an error.

I'm going to add to the Tallahassee list, because my parents have told me that if anyone (especially a family) needs a place to stay, they have a three-bedroom suite with two bathrooms available. They're recent empty-nesters and so this is a lot of space. Travis and I would love to help also, but we have a tiny one-bedroom that wouldn't be very comfortable.

But my parents are amazing, and they would love to be able to help any friends of mine (and you're all friends in my book) :)
edited to add: I also have friends in the restaurant business here who have called me and asked if I know anyone displaced by the hurricane interested in waiting tables for them (the restaurant business here has boomed because of all the out-of-towners here). So any out of work servers feel free to PM.
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

ATLANTA, GA

--2 RVs (at skydive the farm)

DUBLIN, GA

MACON, GA

--1 spare bedroom
--1 motor home
--1 camper

TALLAHASSEE, FL

--3 BRs 2 BTH available in parents' home; restaurant jobs possible

PENSACOLA, FL

--room for 1 person (possibly 2)

CENTRAL, FL

DELAND, FL

WEST PALM BEACH, FL

--2 bedrooms

COLORADO

SO CAL

--3 spare BRs, 2bath, lotsa room; between perris/'snore (cats)

DALLAS, TX

NEW MEXICO

--couch

ROCK ISLAND, IL

--1 room; part-time landscaping job if you want it; DZ-quad cities

OHIO

--2 open rooms. can also pick someone up/shuttle them through ohio (I'm right on I-75)

TRANSPORTATION

can also pick someone up/shuttle them through ohio (volunteer located right on I-75)

can provide shuttle from SO CAL airport to locations listed above in SO CAL

can shuttle thru FL

can shuttle thru GA

==============================
also, for those that may want to extend past the skydiving realm, there's a website that will provide background checks for both parties:

www.homesforkatrina.org

there's also some good info there as well regarding help agencies and what-not...

also:

www.shareyourhome.org

you can also volunteer to help them remotely match victims to homes. if you live in or around shreveport, they can use your help locally.

another:

www.katrinahousing.org