marks

Attention homeless hurricane victims

i have 2 rooms available in my house in atlanta.

i will do background checks.

also, i would like to have somone who is a skydiver, but will take most that really NEED the help.

p.m. me if you know somone who needs a place or if you are somone who needs a place.

edited to add to the subject line

I sent out a similar on [email protected] I believe there's a few skydivers who are fucked out west..Tallahassee is closer so if you know anyone pm me i have a large 3 bedrrom place
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I tell you the poor bastards. If anyone knows someone in help let us know. I can pick them up if needed

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

This is one of the (many) things I love about this sport. I've been far away from the mess on the gulf coast, but it's warmed my heart seeing how much everyone's trying to make sure we account for everyone and opening up their homes to fellow jumpers in need.

Cool stuff, guys. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have a guest room also in Central FL. You have to like living with 2 teenagers and a cat though. I can take a non-smoking female.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

there's a guest room w/bath here in deland (about 3 miles from the dz) that can sleep a couple people...and there's an air mattress, couch and floor space, too. whatever it takes.

i've contacted laurel since she seems to have her finger on the pulse of gold coast, so she knows about it.

also, i was thinking if people are without rides to our area, we could sorta do a car chain thingy where i could drive up to tallahassee to pick up someone or whatever it takes. people need help right now and alot of us just need a direction to be pointed towards to offer it.

good on ya shimmel for starting the thread. you're alright no matter what eric says about ya. ;)

arlo

I'm 45 minutes from Spence in DUBLIN, GA (sorry the boogie isn't until March) and I have a spare bed and private bath if ya need it. One live in mut, a teenager and a preteen, but we leave during the day and the beer fridge is stocked.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

just spoke to my friend who owns apts down here he will put up some victims also. I have sent out quite a few e-mails to people close to moss point etc so if anyone else knows anyone pm me

Well I'm way up in Colorado, but if any one wants to move this way and start over, I got a spare room with a bathroom. I got Andrea beat, you'll have to put up with three cats and three dogs. Thank god only one teenager.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey i may want to move and start over in feb/march just for a week to start with...You live anywhere near the slopes:D:D

As many, I am far away from you guys, but do have a spare bed in my apartments. I am rarely around (most of the time out of the country), but have no problem leaving my keys behind, so anyone who needs a break and wants to head to SoCal is welcome to PM me. It's small, but it's at the beach. And always supplied with decent wine...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Also, if your a family that needs room i can bring my camper back from the farm. It will house 4 comfy has cooker A/c everything plenty of room.

I'm going to make this sticky for a few days. I don't expect that the people who are hurting the most can even get to a computer to read this, but hopefully we can get the message out via word-of-mouth.

From one of Laurel's post, if anyone can get in touch with the following people, please let them know they have a place to stay if they need it:

Those I know are now homeless that are listed above:
Paul Cozic, Tony Collado and Chantalle, David and Dee Fortner, Tim Todaro, Julie Golden, Jeff Phillips, Lightening Bill, Kreg Hoag

I know a lot of people do not even have working vehicles either. If travel is a problem, it's already been suggested that we caravan people out of the area and pass them along until they get to the destination they need. We have a whole network of really nice people here, we can make this work.

Thanks to everyone who have offered shelter. Y'all rock! :)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Being a homeless hurricane victim, you guys bring tears to my eyes! Right now we are with family and are ok. The future is just so uncertain and it's so hard to be patient and wait on news of the condition of the area we live in. It's comforting to know that our skydiving family is there for us if we need them. Any place close to jump from Clarksville, TN? I sure could use some stress relief and the one thing we brought with us was of course our rigs! Thanks again guys for the wonderful offers.

Christina & Al

edited to add: A very close friend (like a sister to me) and her 7 month old boy was also living with us when this happened. She is here with us but she maybe trying to get back to the Daytona area next week to be with her own family depending on whether or not we can get any info on the status of her job in slidell. Her vehicle has 210K miles on it and a flat tire right now. We're getting the tire taken care of today hopefully. She may need a place to stay along the road to get there especially if gas shortages become a real problem. I'll update you guys in a few days depending on what the situation becomes. Or if anyone knows of an open x-ray tech position she's probably going to need a new job.

How do we get in touch with these people do they have cell phones? I am 4 hrs from Ms. I can drive and pick them up if needed. I will be driving up to Ga this week-end so i can drop them off at designated places.

Right now I think Laurel would be our best hope in getting in touch with people.

The issue of offering people homes was just brought up on tv. The newsperson said that people need to consider that the farther away they are from the disaster area, the harder it is going to be for them to stay in touch in order to get government assistance. Just something to remember...