CanuckInUSA

Where do you want Rita to make land fall?

Where do you want Rita to make land fall? Obviously none of us want Rita to land anywhere, but it's got to go somewhere. So am I twisted in wanting Rita to hit New Orleans instead of Galveston/Houston/Corpus Cristi? My logic being that New Orleans has already been wasted and most of the population is no longer there. It's bad enough that Katrina wasted New Orleans, but do we really want a major city like Houston to be wasted as well? Do we really want the Texas Oil refineries to be destroyed?

Mother Nature can be a bitch at times. But it's times like this that I must remind myself of my DZ.COM signature line. [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

:D:D:D:D

My roommate wants it to hit Beaumont... why, I don't know? :D:D

Poor people in "Boremont" weren't even paying attention. Now the Mayor calls an evac.. I just sat and screamed at the TV "Where you want them to go?"

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

NO for the same reasons you gave and then it could swing up to ft. polk in leesville, LA because that hell hole sucked up 3.5 yrs. of my life! why did the air force get all the good locations? :P
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

NO for the same reasons you gave and then it could swing up to ft. polk in leesville, LA because that hell hole sucked up 3.5 yrs. of my life! why did the air force get all the good locations? :P

Been there. :D :D :D

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I guess to minimize the amount of devastation, it might as well pass right over New Orleans again, if it was possible to limit the devastation to the poorest areas, if only to make it easier to wipe the mess up and start over... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Iraq

Or Iran, either is fine by me.

Or North Korea. Destroy their nuke facility, then they can't blame anybody but God. Then again, they're probably atheists anyway... :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I want Rita to hit Oprah Winfrey.

I think she did at the Media Convention at... Oh, you mean the hurricane, rather than the other Rita?
:S :D

Seriously, let the hurricane hit a quiet stretch of beach between two major urban centres, if it has to hit within its forecast areas. With plenty of low-population room for the bigger storm surge on the east side of the hurricane (I think). That would be best for damages, I'd think?

And no, don't blame Canada for the hurricane. ;) (This is a fellow Canadian speaking here. Wishing a hurricane to Canada is kinda silly, although a few occasionally make it all the way to the Atlantic provinces, where I don't live anyway.)