gemini

Rita: Urgent Notice to Spaceland Jumpers

This is Slappie being serious.

If you've not left Houston by now.. DONT DO IT! You will most likely be caught in your vehicle when the storm starts to bring the rain and first bands of wind.

IF you do not live in an area that is prone to flooding or near a bayou. Just brace your northern side. The storm projection has moved far enough to the east to cause the winds to switch from coming from the south to be coming from the north. Please pay attention to the news reports. Fox26 is in news mode 24/7 until this crisis is over.

Also it's not been advised Rita may stall once she reaches land. Meaning Allison type rains on the eastern side of Houston. Causing massive flooding. 25+ inches of rain.

Again if you are in a flood prone area get out. If not brace yourself and be ready.

Run from floods, hide from winds... <--- best advice I got from an oldtimer back in 83 before Alicia (Cat3 storm - Houston)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

It looks like I may also be stuck in Houston. We were going to bail to just north in Spring, but this traffic is nutz. I’m staying right off Allen Parkway close to the Montrose – I hope this is blows over without screwing us up to badly.

I guess this is hurricane skydiver central until the power goes out.

Take care everyone.

Neil P.

I would like to send good vibes to all Houston folks, especially to those who got stack in traffic trying to get out of town. My teammate's wife and kids spent 13 hours on highway and they are still not very far from downtown :(

I live in a small apartment, but I am willing to accommodate a person or two in case you do not care about having a lot of room. If there is anything we could do to help here in Dallas – please PM me or call (214) 476-1553

Yeah..finally 1-10 & 45 are moving cause they opened up both ways...but people stuck on 59 look to be in trouble..they have no plans to do anything about that stretch of road right now...

They have fuel trucks being brought in from Dallas area, etc..but have not decided out to get the fuel to the stranded motorists.

The Mayor of Houston stated that the freeways could become a death trap for those stuck on them. Be careful everyone!!!

*Pirate Duh*

:ph34r:

Stay safe little buddy.

Yeah Little John, take care of yourself. Remember, don't waste ammo if it gets bad.;)

Everyone else in the serious Rita sections of TX, take care of yourselves. I also think this calls for a post Rita boogie at one of the H-town DZs at some point in the next couple of months.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I saw David leave with 3-4 rigs and I think they were yours. I'll see you soon. Be Safe
Steve

Thanks, brother. That makes me feel better. You be safe too. See you soon.

Everyone else in the serious Rita sections of TX, take care of yourselves. I also think this calls for a post Rita boogie at one of the H-town DZs at some point in the next couple of months.

That sounds like a fine idea. How about Columbus Day Weekend in October? Maybe a little soon, but we'll see how things pan out.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Stay safe little buddy.

Yeah Little John, take care of yourself. Remember, don't waste ammo if it gets bad.;)

Everyone else in the serious Rita sections of TX, take care of yourselves. I also think this calls for a post Rita boogie at one of the H-town DZs at some point in the next couple of months.;)

I think that the Texas Hurricane beverage should be a MargaRITA.

--
Jason
--
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

Sounds like a sure-fire recipe for one HELL of a hangover!!! :PB|

That's all a hurricane is anyway - add some 'rita fixin's for the afterburners... B|:DB|

Just don't drink more than 1 or 2. You'll be fine. :)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Everyone, stay safe, and be careful. Post when you can to let all of us know you're all right...and for those not in TX but in LA, same for you. Let people know where you're going if you leave, and if not, let us know you're safe after riding out the storm.

This is going to be rough for everyone. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Good point - Cointreau and I never did get along that well, anyhow.... :D

Unless I'm wrong, Cointreau is actually meant to be sipped as an after-dinner aperitif or something, not mixed with other stuff. But that said, I don't remember ever having a mixed drink with it as one of the ingredients...

My dad was telling me this story from some 40 years ago at a family Thanksgiving dinner with some 12 relatives. They all had Cointreau shots after dinner. My parents were the only ones not to slam the shots down like you would in a bar. The host asked them "don't you like it?" :|

I guess if I'm going to buy something that expensive, I'm going to savor the flavor. But hey, I'll give Hurricane Rita a try... :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Everyone, stay safe, and be careful. Post when you can to let all of us know you're all right...and for those not in TX but in LA, same for you. Let people know where you're going if you leave, and if not, let us know you're safe after riding out the storm.

This is going to be rough for everyone. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Ciels-
Michele

Thanks Michele! We're taking care of ourselves, our home, our pets, and have a safe place to go.

Also, please post if you HAVEN'T heard from someone - and PM me the address if you've reason to be worried.

I'll have a sweet hookup on Monday who may be able to help. :|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?