Evelyn

I can't get on DZ.com at work

It never used to be a problem, but now when I try to go on I get a box saying "Websense has filtered this as entertainment and access to the site is denied". I tried going in different ways, but wasn't able to get in. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way around it?

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Sorry... with an effective filter like Websense you are as good as stopped. Plus usually employeers log violations of filter policies and in a previous job I had we used those logs to terminate many people.:|
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sorry... with an effective filter like Websense you are as good as stopped. Plus usually employeers log violations of filter policies and in a previous job I had we used those logs to terminate many people.:|

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I work for a big construction company, all the jobsites are tied into the corporate office computer system so they have lots of virus protection, etc. And they do have a monitoring system, but I never worried about it because figured with hundreds of employees they wouldn't notice me. But since our site has been slow lately and I've been on dz.com more than usual maybe that sent up a red flag or something.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

get a different Job.;)

But I love my job, it allows me time to get on dz.com while at work, well at least until I was denied access :(. Gotta find a way around it :P.

Well there is always this....

Way around it
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Yup. Haven't done it in a while, but IIRC you just need PuTTY and an account on some UNIX server connected to the internet. This could be a Linux box in your closet at home. You then set up an ssh tunnel to map a port on your desktop to the appropriate IP.

If what I said here did not make sense to you, then it is probably too much of a hassle :)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...