skysprite

Post your dropzone dogs!

Post pics of dropzone dogs! We have a few regulars, though this is one of the cutest. He's also the biggest pain in the ass because he's currently not potty trained. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when he went and peed on his owner's risers (teaches the owner to pack right away and not leave his rig lying around!) then after getting reprimanded, ten minutes later he goes back and pees on his owners canopy! :D

Anyway, this is Cloudy Blue, aka Cloudy for short.
~skysprite

he went and peed on his owner's risers

ten minutes later he goes back and pees on his owners canopy!

[Rant]
Good thing it was his own Canopy..
Seems to me the lesson here would be DONT LET YOUR DOG run around in the Packing Area. It could have just as easily been somone elses canopy.

I personally LOVE dogs but Strongly beleive that they should not be allowed in the packing area because things like this ARE going to happen. Of Course everyone always says "MY dog would never do that".:S:S"
[/Rant]

Dogs at the DZ sucks...

Crap/Pee in the packing area, landing zone and everywhere, not controlled by owners, running/walking all over conopies, snagging lines, barking/growling at strangers, making off with clothes/shoes, chewing up everything....

Please leave the dogs at home.

Yeah, dog owners flame away....:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

he went and peed on his owner's risers

ten minutes later he goes back and pees on his owners canopy!

[Rant]
Good thing it was his own Canopy..
Seems to me the lesson here would be DONT LET YOUR DOG run around in the Packing Area. It could have just as easily been somone elses canopy.

I personally LOVE dogs but Strongly beleive that they should not be allowed in the packing area because things like this ARE going to happen. Of Course everyone always says "MY dog would never do that".:S:S"
[/Rant]

Jello Jello Jello jumping to conclusions there she may of left her canopy unpacked at her home...If thats the case then the dog can pee all he wants:D:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Yeah, dog owners flame away...

Okay;) Since my dog has been jumping longer that you and has never done any of the things that you listed she said you should stay home until you are as well behaved!:P Oh, and she has never gotten drunk and puked all over the DZ either!;)
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

...she has never gotten drunk and puked all over the DZ either!;)

:D:DSend her over, I will teach her the finer points of DZ life.....although puking under canopy will have to wait until she gets her own harness:D:D

BTW...I just don't count the jumps and time in sport (with T10s and Paracommanders) before the long layoff I took...didn't like dogs on the DZ then either.

she said you should stay home until you are as well behaved! Oh, and she has never gotten drunk and puked all over the DZ either!

Bwahhhhhhhh!
Dogs are not allowed on the drop zone here with the exception of residents. Those that do have them are not allowed to let their dogs roam.
I'll agree with Mike on this one. His dog has better manners than a lot of people;)
I have a dog and she is ill mannered and doesn't mind at all. That's my fault but at least she has a fenced yard which allows her some freedom. She has escaped from time to time to chase rabbits.
She has taught me that if I call for her friend "Tessa" (Omar's dog) she will run to Omi's fence and sit there until I retreive her.
She is...a Jack Russell "terror":P

at Skydive Delmarva we welcome everyone to bring their dog as long as they look after them. we kinda have a family of dogs it seems like always hanging out, but no peeing on gear or snagging lines. they know better. all the "regulars" are listed on our STAFF page on our website.

:)

....as long as they look after them...

Yeah...the one key factor...only way though is to chain them and walk them in a designated "Dog Walk" area.
Not fair to the dog to be chained up all day.

...Cara said to just give you the paw!:o:):P;)

Rats. Now I'll have to take beer to the DZ because this is the first time I've ever been given the paw....:D:D

I like Hercules Carbone.

Speaking of Herculese......my poor baby has been turned into HERCENSTEIN. He was attacked by another dog on Saturday (no he didnt provoke it).
We are very lucky he is alive. The BIG LAB (new Dropzone Dog) grabbed him by his neck and shook the heck out of him. Then he threw him in the air. We thought his jugler was torn the way he bled. I have never felt so helpless. It was 7:30 at night and we couldnt find an emergency hospital forever. We finally did and rushed him in (1.5 hours away). He had surgery on his neck and back. He has drain tubes in his back and neck along with approx 36 stiches. He is resting right now but I will take a picture of my little Hercenstein when he has to go out and pee-pee :(
Weirdly enough, when we left for the hospital the owner took his dog to the dropzone next door and he attacked a dog over there too. Me thinks this dog needs to stay at home.
The owner of the bad doggy gave us $100 for the vet bill before we left. He said he would pay for the rest. Sure hope he feels the same way when I give him the $700 receipt >:(.
All that matters to me right now is that my hercenstein is ok !
<>
Tami

oooh....Tami....please give Herc a very gentle hug and pet for me. Hope the poor little guy gets better soon. Glad it wasn't any worse.

Thanks Cora.....
Hope to see you this winter ;)
<>
Tami

God willing...I'll make it down at least once this winter. Miss you guys!!! :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

That's crazy! If that dog attacks other dogs, how does he act around small children? There is no way he (dog or owner, for that matter) should be allowed at a dropzone. There is no way the owner did not know his dog was aggressive and unpredictable- to bring him out in public in inexcusable! >:(

Hope your little guy gets through this ok!