Viking

Ok i caved in and got somthing off an infomercial

I have been meaning to get back into shape eversince my freshmen year of college. Today i was outside making the rows for the garden, and i was extremely disappointed in how quickly i got winded. So i am sitting here and an infomercial for http://www.power90.com i was ripe for the sale and decided to give it a try. I will post a day 1 pictures with the day 90 one next to it. I there is a pic of my bare gut in Lisa's pics from that night. :)I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver

When I was going through treatment the first time around my Mother came to stay with me. One morning the UPS man showed up at the door with 13 packages. This continued for about a week, everyday more and more all addressed to me. Well I was so drugged up, that I had been watching QVC late at night and ordering stuff.......I have zero recollection of ordering anything at all! Some of this stuff was SO UGLY you wouldn't want to have been seen walking across the street to the dog fights in it! LMAO My poor Mom! LOL........hahaaaaaa
It only takes a little pixie dust......

you're telling me that will get a person in shape? I never lose weight. I work out, but I am getting mad. Last spring-winter I worked out every day for at least 2 hours, and never saw a change. I know I toned up a bit, but it pisses me off! I run a lot, but that just doesn't seem to do much. Perhaps I will *invest* in an electro-ab worker too!
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

Heck no, that's only for your abs...there's a whole lot more for the rest of your body...I thought we were just talking tummy.
If you want to lose fat, you have to watch what you eat. Working out can tone you up and give you more muscle mass, but if you don't watch how you eat, it's possible to maintain the same amount of fat.
Sigh, that's why I can never get more than 4 beers in my six-pack...I like chocolate too much.

see, I thought cardio would get rid of that crap. I am eating much better now (versus when I first moved out and screwed up five years up hard work and hard body), so I think I am on the right track now.

Hey Viking,
I bought a VERY expensive air rower not long back for much the same reason as you and with every intention of losing some gut (I can't do my trousers up any longer)
The last I saw of it was as it was disappearing into the back of the car of the guy who bought it two months later!
Whooooohooooo!!! Hahahaha!!!

Viking, I have some stunning lakefront property in Arizona that I would like to sell you so you can do your cardio work there to get in shape.
Seriously, all you have to do to get cut is these two things:
1. Run. Far. Fast. Make sure you sweat a bunch. It should hurt to get out of bed the next day.
2. Do situps, crunches, and leg raises until your stomach cramps up and you can't do them any more.
Don't worry about being scientific about it. Just make sure it hurts. Oh, and make sure you stretch out for 10-15 minutes before each workout. That way you won't get injured.
Peace,
Joe

"Viking, I have some stunning lakefront property in Arizona that I would like to sell you so you can do your cardio work there to get in shape."
can i show up and take pics? I hear Arizona Sunsets are some of the best on the planet.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver

I caved and ordered "just a trimmer" - $12.99, then she adds a bunch of junk and I'm out the door at $35 - so she's reading disclosures and I hear "bla bla bla call to cancel any time bla bla bla" -WAIT! she was signing me up for a service that would bill me monthly. -I called to cancel the next day.

see, I thought cardio would get rid of that crap. I am eating much better now (versus when I first moved out and screwed up five years up hard work and hard body), so I think I am on the right track now.

There are 2 ways (well loadsmore than 2 but..) towork out, fat burning and cardio.
Talk to an instructor about exersising for fat burning (i cant be bothered typing it all out)
also you will generally lose weight if carbs in is lower than carbs out (generally becausethere a a few conditionswhere this won't happen).
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The best exercise for fat-burning is cross-country skiing, because you have to support your own weight and use arm muscles.
A close second is running.
Third is hill-walking, the steeper the hill the better. Start with a light rucksack and slowly add ballast as your knees and ankles get stronger.

The best exercise for fat-burning is cross-country skiing, because you have to support your own weight and use arm muscles.

:D:D:D:D:DYou do know I live in the driest country on earth dont you:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: I've never even seen snow
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?