87SupraT

Fun Things To Do In Houston....

Enjoy Astroworld while its there, its closing at the end of the month as far as I know. Makes sense, though, I would much rather drive 3 hours to go to the real Six Flags then 90 minutes to go to a crappy one.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There's always making a jump:
Spaceland or Skydive Houston.

There are some indoor rock gyms (Texas Rock Gym as well.

The only bungee jump I've seen is a little one down in Galveston. But Space Center Houston is pretty cool (no rides, though). The Renaissance Festival is going on right now too.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Get in touch with me and I'll set up a tour for you and some friends that you maybe seeing while here at NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory. You will get the opportunity to see astronauts train underwater in the worlds largest indoor pool @ 6,200,000 gallons.

Bring a camera and prof of US citizenship.

Next time you find yourself this way and if your interested, we train pilots as well as skydivers in NASA's Altitude chamber. The training is free and is cord. thru the FAA. Learn what your Hypoxia symptoms are and experiance rapped decomp. at 25,000', cool stuff, but it is an all day class with an hour lunch.

This training occurs once every month and is open to 16 students. There is an FAA form that needs to be filled out along with your Class III, II, I medical.

If you have a beard you will be required to shave prior to training.

Cheers

I am going to Houston for the weekend, I wanted to know if anyone knew of some fun things to do there? IE, big theme parks or maybe bungee jumping, stuff along those lines. Thanks.

Dale

I heard there is a ballgame.......:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Get in touch with me and I'll set up a tour for you and some friends that you maybe seeing while here at NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory. You will get the opportunity to see astronauts train underwater in the worlds largest indoor pool @ 6,200,000 gallons.

Cheers

Channman.....I want to go to check that one day...I didn't know people can actually tour these facilities. That's pretty neat.
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the storm. God bless! :)

If you're in town on Saturday check out Gillians, my favorite place to watch the 'stros. THere's always dave and Busters too, booze, video games, pool, sports on a thousand Tvs, that place is dope. IMO, Club Sum is the best after hours spot, if you're going to be out late. You might want to check out some of the haunted houses scattered around town. Phobia on 290 is my fav, but Screamworld on the west side beltway is cool as well. The museum of natural history had a sweet-ass-sweet Lord of the Rings display a few months ago, I don't know if its still there, but if you dug the movies the exhibit kicks ass. If you play paintball, Tanks out in Katy is THE place to be. I think world cup is this weekend though, so it might be knid of dead out there:(. Between those and all the stuff already mentioned, you shouls be able to find some fun stuff.

Grendel Khan-The Official DZ.Com Newbie Forum Nuisance
"They sicken of the calm, that know the storm."

Well, I eneded up walking downtown Houston Friday night, admired this 75 story building for about 20 mins. There is an Arabic restraurant around there called Ranoosh, so I went there with some friends and smoked the Huka for awhile. Saturday I went to Astroworld thinking, everyone will be gone getting ready for the game, but I was wrong, WAY wrong. Everything had the idea to find something to do during the day before the game, and Astrowolrd was just insanely packed never been to a theme park that packed before. Just thought I would share my trip, although it isn't too exciting :).

Dale
~Dale

I am going to Houston for the weekend, I wanted to know if anyone knew of some fun things to do there? IE, big theme parks or maybe bungee jumping, stuff along those lines. Thanks.

Dale

Well...bring lots of deodorant and bug spray, most of what youll be seeing is subtropical weather and BIG roaches. There is also plenty of tall grass, flat land, and traffic jams to suit your taste.

Oh, you want fun things, I can think of two:

1. Caligula XXI off Westheimer

2, Getting out of Houston