RkyMtnHigh

Are you content with how you've lived your life?

I absolutly agree with you. I am very content with how I have lived my life so far. I have done many things, and still do alot, I am always busy but also, for the most part, always happy. I told myself long ago, I dont want to ever have to say to myself " I wish I would have done that when I could". I get interested in alot of things very easily, mostly aviation and animal related and get involved and learn as much as I can as quick as I can. I just try to take advantage of everything that I have available to me now. The best part of getting involved in many things is the people that I have met throughout my life who, I am sure, have had a lot to do with making me the person I am now.

Just wished I would have started jumping sooner :P
---------------
"Once you find a job that you like, you never have to work another day in your life"

...that if something happened tomorrow you would feel as though your life was complete?

I know it sounds morbid, but I really feel as though I've lived a life in good conscience and with no regrets..how about you?

Yep.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

well, pretty much.

I have often thought about this question.

Some people will think we're crazy to skydive, but I find that it is a great comfort that I have had this experience before I die.

There are few other things that you can do that demonstrate that you have lived your life to the fullest.B|

so in a way, skydiving is a kind of "LIFE insurance". ("LIFE" was capitalized deliberately)B|
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I saw a SICK incident this weekend....and everyone who was longtime in the sport said "well IF he went in, he'd probably prefer it this way vs a car wreck or a long drawn out diagnosis of cancer or something...he loves this sport"

I wanna go out easy and quick too..and I also want to make sure all my ducks are in order "just in case" such as my living will...general power of attorney...phone #s and copies of my keys to all key places are to key people...that's all been done this month. I feel so much more confident that those who need to make decisions and actions CAN.

I live with the mentality that the best is yet to come. Not saying that I haven't lived (and learned from) a pretty fulfilled life, but I'm definitely not going to sit around and have it pass me by either. I don't want anyone to be sad if I passed away. When I die, I want to be creamated and a big ass party thrown. No crying. Just good times remembered and good times to be counted on. :)

Personally, yes I'm happy with my lot. Sure there are things that I could have done differently/better but you cannt change the past only learn from it. I have a good life; great wife, friends, O.K job and enough (??) toys to play the way I want.
I'm not religious (See SC) but try to live a good life and not be too much of an arse:), try to be respectful (except when I'm driving...gosh I'm impatient then:S) and generally a nice chap.
As soon as I married (years ago now) I sorted out all my papers (insurance, will etc...) but never dwell on them... job done as far as I'm concerned.

If stuff is getting me down or worried, I talk it through with Jane and friends. I try to sort problems out early and not let them build up (seen sooo many people let small things bug them for way toooo long - it eats at them and festers - No good EVER comes of such actions).

Finally, if you've got bad stuff in your life at the moment... Take as much control as you can and good luck.
Best Wishes,

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Tons of unfinished business.
Take you for example:
When are we going to live next door to each other ?
Oh and there's Norway BASE, 2 women at once, a billion dollar invention, and then the give it all away part.
80/20 rule = I'm 80% fullfilled, but the next 20% is going to be 80% of the fun.:)

...that if something happened tomorrow you would feel as though your life was complete?

I know it sounds morbid, but I really feel as though I've lived a life in good conscience and with no regrets..how about you?

i don't really sit contemplating my navel too often... whats the point? i think too many people sit analysing their lives...and other peoples lives as well. i think they should stop wasting their time and just live their own life. We all say stupid things in life, we all do the wrong things from time to time. thats what makes us human. I'd hate to meet sugary sweet, nicey nicey people as they just bore me to tears, i prefer people are up for a laugh (yes, at other peoples expense from time to time, as long as you don't physically hurt them) as they make life a bit more fun and interesting

I enjoy life, i have bad times just like anybody... so you get through them and just carry on. Stop sitting going over and over your life, becasue while you're wasting your time doing that, you're getting older by the day

There is so much I want to do. I want to see every country and taste everything and experience things I haven't and jump many different places but how I go about living life, I am okay with... I could have it end and poeple would generally know how much I care. But I have a lot I still want to do. :)

I've lifed a full life and have done a ton and seen a lot. However, there is so much more that I want to do.

If I were to die today, yeah...I'd be ok with it. I'd kinda have no choice in the matter. :D However, I have so many more things that I want to do, see, and experience that I'll need to live for at least another 1,000 years to get it all in.

When I started skydiving, I made my will up. I figured if I had it, I wouldn't need it. I've got all things prepared for the just-in-case situation. And when it's my time, burn my ass, toss me into a garden and use me as fertilizer and throw a party. Celebrate that I was not that I'm no longer.

I refuse to let life pass me by and will continue to live life to the fullest until it is no longer.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

No. I want to see my daughter Graduate High School then College then go on her first date ;)

I want to fall madly,deeply, insanely silly in Love.

I want to make a Nekkid Reverse Rodeo jump with the woman whom I fall madly,deeply, insanely silly in Love with.

my life complete? not hardly...

BUT if you ask me if I am scared of dying no. I know I am doing the best I can for today. I spent many years afraid to "Live" now I live Just for Today. Whatever God has instore for me I have no control over, until then I have alot more memories to build to take with me when it all ends.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I saw a SICK incident this weekend....and everyone who was longtime in the sport said "well IF he went in, he'd probably prefer it this way vs a car wreck or a long drawn out diagnosis of cancer or something...he loves this sport"

Sorry you've experienced watching an incident in the sport you love. Right now you need hugs... allow yourself to feel everything you feel.

I would still be in shock, and emotionally stunned. Everyone reacts differently and in the past my reaction has been to stop jumping for awhile till my heart heals, and give myself time before making decisions.

Once after losing a loved one in this sport, when I felt the time was right...I hopped on my ten speed-with my gear on my back and rode to the dz down a huge hill to make a skydive- celebrating every second of being alive.

It is a great feeling to have "all your ducks in order" not only for yourself- but those you leave behind.
:P:P:P

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.