Smilie

Drugs...

nobody going to admit to doing cocaine and jumping then?

Shit if you need that and skydiving too you are in trouble bra.

Skydiving is my cocaine and I need a fix bad!!!:P

who needs anything in life, but we all do things still ;) i appreciate your PC answer though, you'll be welcomed with open arms by the regulars

who needs anything in life, but we all do things still ;) i appreciate your PC answer though, you'll be welcomed with open arms by the regulars

I know plenty of people who still use cocaine. I don't know any who jump under the influence.

I do know some people who jump under the influence of other things, but because they are always high or inebriated, they require a hit or a drink first thing in the morning just to be normal.

It has nothing to do with being PC. It has everything to do with asking a question that has no relevance in this thread.

The subject of drugs and skydiving has come up before, here and on usenet. If you wanted a serious answer, you'd search here or google for it. But this is just another instance of your trying to stir something up by being off-topic. Again.

My kingdom for a killfile and a little self-restraint.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I know 2 guys who used to do coke and jump (different dzs), they both bounced

No doubt..............I never have a problem with what anyone does "partying." Just don't do the shit while jumping. If you do...........#1 I'll not jump with you. #2 I might just bounce your dumb ass head off the pavement. ;)

Yeah Dave, I plan on being there, bringing the projector and the LP video. I was just hoping I would be able to clear my head so I could jump, ya know, I do want to land on the DZ at some point! If my head isn't clear, I will sacrifice myself to the sky gods for at least a few large holes for everyone else.:S

Fear not death. Fear instead the unlived life.

:( I have a horrible cold, and with it, of course, congestion. I want to jump the Richland Halloween Boogie tomorow. What drugs, OTC, can I take to get rid of the congestion? Please Help!

Algae - eat algae. It is the MOST natural super food and has all the vitamins and minerals the body needs. This give your immune system what it needs to fight colds and other serious symptoms. Don't wait for a cold and then try and fight it, take algae and you won't have to fight the sickness.

But, for the love of Pete, don't lick the fish tank - that has fish poop in it.

Hmmm, don't do coke, so I don't know. However, if I did do coke, I know I couldn't afford to jump, so it wouldn't matter.
Alge huh, I will have to see about harvesting that from the fish pond! Seriously though, I am still coming down so I can whoop up on FlankSteaks ass! (Really, seeing as JasonRose was looking for a little the other day, I don't know why he didn't call JD...):ph34r:

Fear not death. Fear instead the unlived life.

Well, it is a bad idea to use decongestants to clear your sinuses for skydiving, just like it is bad idea to use them for scuba diving. That said, the all around best decongestant out there is oxymetazoline HCL in a a nasal spray... usually the twelve hour kind, like Afrin.

The biggest danger underwater is if the effects wear off, ascent could be impossible without pain or rupture. At least skydiving is moving towards greater pressure and you could (with some danger) pull early.

But I'd be too afraid to try it if I had any significant level of congestion. I had a bad flight a few months ago where gum did nothing, and on the ground I was functionally deaf for half an hour.

Last weekend I had those tiny warning signs that your body gives when you'll pushing it too hard and found that I was only good for a few jumps and ears were tightening up. With scuba I've found that condition allows only so many ups and downs too.

FYI - I took a jump class this week that meant a lot to me - I've been looking forward to it for years. I was in class four days, and I elected not to make the jumps because I've had some moderate congestion. It's not worth it. There will be other opportunities and other boogies to jump.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Look there's plenty of things you can do to get over a cold.

Problem is, even after your body has defeated the virus, there's still a lotta congestion to clear up. The cold may be gone, you're no longer contagious. but now that the battle is over your body has to sweep out the casualties. That's why even after you are over a cold you're still blowing your nose a lot.

And you shouldn't jump if you still have congestion.
These people suggesting you sit near the door in case of pain are full of s^&t because if you jump out, you will be going thru VERY RAPID changes in altitude & are very likely to feel intense pain while in freefall.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Don't do it! I had a minor cold this weekend and our 4 way was training, so I took decongestants and jumped. Fifth jump of the day my ear didn't clear in freefall and was really painful. It didnt clear until I was on the ground, crying from the pain, then I couldnt hear from that ear for a few hours. I will never jump with even a slight cold again. It could have been way worse if I'd actually burst the eardrum, but I was lucky. It's not worth the pain, and your jump will go to shit when your ear starts to hurt because you cant concentrate on what you're doing.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

If your ears are blocked and unable to equalize from ground pressure, then you would get relief as you fell toward denser air...

Sorry, but this isn't true. From my experiene on the weekend, my ears were clearing in the plane and on the ground (for the most part) when I had a cold and the rapid change of pressure in freefall caused a LOT of pain simply because my sinuses were too congested to keep up with the rapid change in air pressure. This happened to me on the 5th jump of the day, there was nothing different about my sinuses on that jump compared to all the others that day, but that's the one when my sinuses gave up.

Don't kid yourself - this shit hurts, it's not fun and it could put you out for a long time if you blow the ear drum, not to mention your loss of balance.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store