Viking

Does a tandem count towards your total jump count?

Ok so here is the deal. I included my tandem jump in my log book, it is #1 and my AFF lvl 1 is #2.

I have been very close to my 100th for some time now. I did 4 jumps with suds today at perris and i'm trying to figure out if I inadvertantly did my 100th. Do I owe beer and deserve pie.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Of course they count. You jumped from a plane, and that is what you are counting. Jumps.

If you are talking about freefall qualifications, which you are not in this case, then technically tandems don't count. They are considered droguefall. So, if a requirement says you have to have X number of freefalls, tandems don't count towards that number. But you are just counting your total number of jumps, so........

Tandems count.:)

When I started jumping tandems were a ride so I didn't count mine, but I think the ones now days which are working tandems do count. (like the ones SDC and Spaceland do)

You exit a plane in flight, expose yourself to more risks than jumping solo, and you say it doesn't count? You might not learn anything new, but that isn't the def. of a skydive.

Viking:
I say it counts. USPA says it counts towards a license. Every TM/TI I have ever talked to say it counts. Besides, it doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things. You could wake up tomorrow and decide to claim you have 10x the jumps you have, and nothing would change. Your jump tickets wouldn't get cheaper, you wouldn't make more money, and most experienced jumpers won't be impressed.

shit this isn't looking good.............i better get out of the bombshelter before someone finds out and they toss my ass in the pool!:$:)

he can't take care of shit right now. He is stuck in riverside traffic on his way to bigbear. Plus he was the first person to find out.

We can agree to disagree on this one. While I did fall out of a plane I had no control over anything and it was just a ride, I don't consider it a skydive. I considered my jump numbers true skydives where I pulled for myself.
Fly it like you stole it!

Arthur,

Yes, you should be soaking wet with pie all over the place. I'm at Perris Saturday night and Sunday. I will track your cheap ass down, and toss you in the pool myself with the U2 ticket I sold you at face value. :D

Congrats, and in my book that was your 100th jump!! I count mine the same way....

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

A parachute jump is a parachute jump. They all count toward your total jump number. Like the fellow in the "Tipping TI's" thread who said his first five jumps were tandems, they all count too. :S

The fact he was royally ripped off is another question.

NickD :)BASE 194

Arthur,

Yes, you should be soaking wet with pie all over the place. I'm at Perris Saturday night and Sunday. I will track your cheap ass down, and toss you in the pool myself with the U2 ticket I sold you at face value. :D

Congrats, and in my book that was your 100th jump!! I count mine the same way....

Bob

lol aww shucks i won't be able to make it on Sat. B|:P

Of course they count. Well, the USPA recognizes them as jumps to be logged and for total jump numbers for licensing purposes.

If they didn't count I'd have to take 800-something jumps out of my log book.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."