Anvilbrother

How did you tell your parents you were having a baby?

So possibly some time soon my wife and I might try to have a lil skydiver. I am looking forward to comming up with this long drawn out process of telling my parents. So far we have thought of dropping off small baby stuff like a rattle or a (sp)nunie/passifier(sp) in their mailbox about once a week or so, and wait for the day where they put it all together. Anyone got something better?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

i told my parents on april fools day, and then laughed.
but my sister, who's actually having another one, was pretty creative. my brother in law had always said he was going to buy a boat when they had their second kid, so when my sister got pregnant again they made a shirt with a picture of a boat and a due date and dressed their 2 year old in it when they went and visited my parents. it took my parents a while to get it, but it was pretty neat.

When my brother and his wife were expecting their son they bought a little photo album that said, "Grandma's Brag Book" on the front, a rattle, and 2 bibs that said, "I love my Grandma" and "I love my Grandpa" on the front. They put them in a gift bag and gave it to my mom and said, "Here, we got you something." It took her a minute, but when she figured it out, she cried for days! :D

So possibly some time soon my wife and I might try to have a lil skydiver.

Are you and your wife pregnant now? If not, I wouldn't bring it up till after you find out your wife is pregnant. If you tell them you are going to start trying, trust me, they will ask you everyday how it's going. What if there are some complications with getting pregnant? Do you want them all in that business?

The idea with dropping things in the mailbox is cute. I'd go for that, just to mix it up a bit.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Anyone got something better?

We went out to dinner, which we did ofter (emphasis on DID), at desert time, we pulled out a couple of small gifts for them... EPT positive tests kits....
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

So possibly some time soon my wife and I might try to have a lil skydiver. I am looking forward to comming up with this long drawn out process of telling my parents. So far we have thought of dropping off small baby stuff like a rattle or a (sp)nunie/passifier(sp) in their mailbox about once a week or so, and wait for the day where they put it all together. Anyone got something better?

Second thought, buy the a copy of "The Joy of Sex" and sign it: "We won't need this for a while"
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Well in Texas, we usually say - gimme another beer - oh - forgot - By the way - I'll be needin' some clothes here soon for the new littleone. 'a'aight?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My mom was SO uncooperative, that I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with my last one before I told her! :)

My mom was so pissed off that we were gonna have a baby. She was convinced we were not ready( we were not, but who is?), we couldn't afford it etc. etc. I reminded her my brother's first year of existence was in a 40' Airstream in Gainesville.

Any way here come's the baby, blond haired browned eye girl. Suddenly I am the golden child. It's amazing what grand kids do to your parents.
That child is now 17 and spralled on the living room couch right now:S

Time passes.

Kev
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock