MC208B

250 bucks for a currency jump???

Seems steep to me, but to each their own, you know?

I know at my DZ if you're not current you go jump with an instructor and you're current again. Usually after the emergancy reviews, etc. Typically its your slot and any gear rental you may need plus the instructor's slot since you're being nice enough to ask him/her to come along.;) Atleast that's how I understand it...if you require serious retraining or serious amounts of live saving flying ability from the AFF-I it may cost slightly more.

However, a DZ is a business and the DZ has the right to choose their own pricing. If you feel like you're getting your $250 worth, then good on ya, if not, then does one of the other Hawaii DZs offer recurrency jumps?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

A grocery store can sell a gallon of milk for $250. Just because it might be worth $250 to someone doesn't make it reasonable.

I never said it was reasonable, infact, my sarcasm in my last sentence was implying how expensive it really was.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It's not reasonable at all. If you have 125 jumps already, you should be drilled on emergency procedures, if you get them right, plan a dive so you can prove to the instructor you are safe in the air and can pull on your own.

Pay your slot, the instructor slot and probably up to 25 more.

Basically it's a coach dive.

Rental is extra.

250 is a first jump course.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Is that reasonable??? I have an A license and haven't jumped since April. Just curious if this is a Hawaii deal or the norm.

hell no thats not normal!!! I was out for over a year and i payed about $100 TOTAL, jump ticket, ground school, and coach fee.

your getting ripped off big time.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Wow that sux! Stay current and you won't have to worry about it. :P

Funny I always told the AFF instructors at my DZ if I ever had to do a recurrency they better be able to Freefly, cause I'm going right to head down. :D

But then again I have a D so it will never happen.

Did you happen to Book that through 1-800-SkyRide??

If So thats about right. Otherwise it is absurd.

Seriously,
Your Slot - $20 to $25
Instructors Slot - $20 to $25
Repack for Instructor - $5 to $10
Instructors Time - $0 to $30 for a Recurance Jump.

Even Half what you were quoted is on the High Side.

WTF!! B|:S:S! I sure hope that isn't normal ;). It'll have been about 9 months since my last jump when I get back after some leave and jumping in Jan...I'll have only been gone 4 months in Jan. They try to charge me that much I'll be done for good. Then again, I got a whole lot more options than Hawaii does I'd think.

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

$250 is not a good way to get people back into the sport. That sounds ridiculous to me. I think that recurrency jumps should not carry such a high price tag anyway.... But I guess the DZs have to pay the bills. If I have to pay $250 to get current I won't jump again. That is taking advantage of the people who spend their hard earned cash on this sport.
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

Judging from your profile, you're currently living in Hawaii, right? That DZ on Oahu is the only one I know of in the Hawaiian Islands. $250 is a big fucking rip off, in my opinion. I would expect to pay that much in Japan, probably, but nowhere in the U.S.A. no way...

If it was me hearing that price quoted to me, I would laugh in their faces, or into the phone and hang up. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Judging from your profile, you're currently living in Hawaii, right? That DZ on Oahu is the only one I know of in the Hawaiian Islands. $250 is a big fucking rip off, in my opinion. I would expect to pay that much in Japan, probably, but nowhere in the U.S.A. no way...

If it was me hearing that price quoted to me, I would laugh in their faces, or into the phone and hang up. :|

I'd spit in their faces and piss on their shoes. :D

I'd spit in their faces and piss on their shoes.

Not saying I disagree with you, but that would get you banned from literally half the DZ's in the state.

Other alternatives exist to get current. PM me if interested.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

WTF!! B|:S:S! I sure hope that isn't normal ;). It'll have been about 9 months since my last jump when I get back after some leave and jumping in Jan...I'll have only been gone 4 months in Jan. They try to charge me that much I'll be done for good. Then again, I got a whole lot more options than Hawaii does I'd think.

If you're in Oklahoma or can make Skyfest, veteran's will not pay for recurrency within 90 days of returning CONUS. Bring DD214 or sumpin else to show.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Is that reasonable??? I have an A license and haven't jumped since April. Just curious if this is a Hawaii deal or the norm.

Click on the link and read about recurrency training.

Then take a look at what they're charging students for the jump they intend you to make. Don't forget to add in the cost of the classroom time.

rl

Edited to add: My understanding is that Hawaii is a pretty harsh environment for fun jumpers. Be careful.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Too bad you're not in Georgia

you mean even those with tits get resonable currency jumps???? lol

Re-currency jumps at the Farm at quite resonable , and funny enough its the same for both genders.... I love that place....
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this