karenmeal

Obsessive Compulsive?

the combo of my heritage, psycho parents, and too much foodtv makes me a mess when I am gonna have people over. I get too crazy about stuff, especially when someone is helping and doing everything wrong while singlehandedly ruining the party before it even starts!!! :o

hey, I never said I didn't have issues. :)

My father's side of the family is ridiculously so. My mother's side actually has literal "geniouses.". Between the two, my brain never stops. I find wine helps;)

But, seriously, I actually use it as a blessing---if focused in the right directions it can be very beneficial, unless it's a severe complulsion.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I'm compulsive over being EARLY for everything, and my girlfriend is of the "if someone's not bleeding or on fire, we're not rushing" mentality. I'm learning...slowly. :P
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Here's one of mine.

M&M's or Skittles or mixed nuts or any other "mixed" type candy/snack must be seperated into individual components and then each component must be eaten down so that they're all even. Then they must be eaten evenly from each component so that they remain even.

And that's just one of many!

Christina

M&M's or Skittles or mixed nuts or any other "mixed" type candy/snack must be seperated into individual components and then each component must be eaten down so that they're all even. Then they must be eaten evenly from each component so that they remain even.

Now THAT is the kind of excess I can respect! ;)

bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina

My Lady friend has an order in which she eats her skittles, and it does not change unless there is a change to the type of skittles. I don't like people messing with my stuff...and i hate when dishes sit in the sink...but i am learning to deal with that, other than that and counting my steps and touching ever corner of ever door i am totally normal....PSYCHE!
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

the clothes in my closet must be in a separated by shirts and pants, then they must be further broken down by work and play, and they must be orientated in the same way.
My wife wont hang my clothes up anymore. :|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I've had the issue for years that out of the blue some days when I hear words I have to spell them out in my head. :S Couple that with mild issues of dislexia and I'm not ment to do accounting or journalism :D
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

:S

Anyone got some stories of being obsessive compulsive? I am being very number compulsive recently. It kinda weirded me out all of a sudden.

-Karen

Obsessive is what the lazy call the dedicated.
Don't let them tell you different.

If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I am also the same way with my skittles/M&M's. But whenever I cook dinner, the entire kitchen and all dishes used to cook must be clean before I sit down to eat dinner. So that when I sit down, the only things that are dirty are the plate I am eating on, the fork and knife I am eating with, and the glass I am drinking from. So that when I am finished with dinner, I can relax.

I also can't go to bed if there are dishes in the sink. Drives me CRAAAZY!!!:S

...the door was open

SKYDIVERGIRLS.COM

My wife says I drive her up the wall with my OCD. I don't really know what it is she's talking about but whatever I am doing is driving her nuts. I have found that my OCD helps at work though.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

I don't know if I'm OCD... but I clean things all the time. Randomly. My toilet and my sink get cleaned multiple times a week. Weird? I think so... And I'm not a messy person :P

Also (because I have roommates) If I come home from work/school/being out ... I can NOT eat a meal until that damn kitchen is spotless. It bugs the crap out of me.

I'm highly detail orientated. I doesn't bother me, but it bugs the crap out of my family and friends sometimes.

I am also the same way with my skittles/M&M's. But whenever I cook dinner, the entire kitchen and all dishes used to cook must be clean before I sit down to eat dinner. So that when I sit down, the only things that are dirty are the plate I am eating on, the fork and knife I am eating with, and the glass I am drinking from. So that when I am finished with dinner, I can relax.

I also can't go to bed if there are dishes in the sink. Drives me CRAAAZY!!!:S

ME TOO, plus it doesn't make sense to hvae dirty dishes after you eat cuz then you have to work after you eat and every one knows that the only correct thing to do after dinner is have desert.!!!!!!
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

I'm the same way ... I *need* to clean as I go. Thanksgiving drove me nuts - because of the chaos of trying to get 6 dishes on the table at the same time, the kitchen was a mess while we were eating (fortunately, I had a wonderful cleanup crew). If I hadn't cleaned as I went, though, it would have been so much worse.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Precisely why I, nor anyone in my family cooks. Takes too long b/c you're cleaning as you go.:P I've recently learned to bake, though--just fish and veggies--not messy and you'd be surprised all the various ways you can make stuff in the oven;)

Oh, and who said cleaning the sinks/toilet multiple times a week was obsessive? I consider that hygiene.

Whoever mentioned the closet thing, I can relate, too. Must be wooden hangers, evenly spaced, in my own special sections of clothes (mine are little funnier than "work", "play", etc.")

Regarding M&M's, I used to have to eat in pairs, etc. I got over that a long time ago though. I still tend to eat the crubs before the whole pieces though. I like only perfect ones left and get the broken ones out of the way---like saving the best for last.:P;) But, this rarely works, as my boyfriend specifically eats the perfect ones to keep the ratio the same and annoy me. (It doesn't really annoy me, just another thing he does---like moving around my magazines, etc. He finds this hilarious & thank GOODNESS finds my quirks charming;))

But, I don't have an anxiety attack if I don't do these things. I will be really agitated, though, if things are not clean in my own house. For some reason it doesn't bother me at all in other people's, or camping, etc. My house MUST always be clean, though.:P It's selective obsessive compulsions--strategically focused into only the most productive uses. Cognitive behavioral thinking:P

Edited for the third time to add: I'm also obsessive about re-reading my posts sometimes and editing grammar, spelling, punctuation, a break to make a new paragraph, etc.

Edited for the third time to add: I'm also obsessive about re-reading my posts sometimes and editing grammar, spelling, punctuation, a break to make a new paragraph, etc.

Me too. It bugs me to no end when I find an error after someone has already quoted me or after the editing deadline.

I think I need a 12 step program for that.

Ha!;)

My posts still aren't ever perfect though---mostly b/c they're conversational. But, as long as they don't annoy me when I re-read I'm happy:P

You forgot to edit "12-step":P I had to add the sig line b/c I got tired of always posting the same reason for my "edited by PLFXpert" at the bottom of every post. It's against my own moral rules to edit and change what I said.