grue

Had my first cutaway today here at Eloy

:| :D

She spun up on me and started heading for the horizon... dicked with it for a few seconds, checked the alti, saw 1,800 coming up.. SEE YA!

Reserve came out cleanly, stood up the landing. Reserve is repacked, just gotta reattach the main, pack it, and get back out tomorrow B|
cavete terrae.

Having a FANTASTIC time. This place is the closest thing I've found to heaven on earth. 5 jumps yesterday, 2 today, but since the cutaway, I won't have the cash to hit 100 total like I had hoped. Such is life, though, it just means the pressure's off and I can have more fun!
cavete terrae.

She spun up on me and started heading for the horizon... dicked with it for a few seconds, checked the alti, saw 1,800 coming up.. SEE YA!

Reserve came out cleanly, stood up the landing. Reserve is repacked, just gotta reattach the main, pack it, and get back out tomorrow B|

Grue! NO!!! That's not the report I was wanting to hear from your fusion jumps. What do you think happened?

don't forget to get me some good video of your canopy man!

good job on the cutaway and staying safe!!

have a great time in Eloy!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Having a FANTASTIC time. This place is the closest thing I've found to heaven on earth. 5 jumps yesterday, 2 today, but since the cutaway, I won't have the cash to hit 100 total like I had hoped. Such is life, though, it just means the pressure's off and I can have more fun!

You might be short on cash for more jumps but, you saved your life. Congrats on a good job.

Chuck

Grue! NO!!! That's not the report I was wanting to hear from your fusion jumps. What do you think happened?

I'm going to blame a combination of a rushed pack job (mine), and shitty body position. I'm going to take my time for first jump tomorrow, and be uber careful and see how it goes.

I'll definitely get some landing videos, man... this thing is FAST in no-wind conditions, wheeeeeeeeee
cavete terrae.

I'm going to blame a combination of a rushed pack job (mine), and shitty body position. I'm going to take my time for first jump tomorrow, and be uber careful and see how it goes.

I'll definitely get some landing videos, man... this thing is FAST in no-wind conditions, wheeeeeeeeee

you ARE in Heaven, man. Be safe, have fun. Merry Christmas, bro.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Well done Grue..... hope you are having loads of fun.

So first reserve... dayum... all that free beer around just saved you some money...Dont forget the bottle for the rigger ( his choice of beverage) who packed the reserve that just saved your lifeB|

Cool Grue ! So all colors n stuff were more vivid that day. Yee Haa. Glad you did everything right. Kind of makes ya wanna pull a little higher next time doesn't it ?
Maybe a little extra line before stowing would help ?
Well at least you got that out of the way . Hope your next 500 jumps are flawless, but be ready for your next one everytime.

Good job. Wonderful Xmas present too, being all alive and safe to jump again on the big day (lucky dog...). And you got the big booger out of the way, now you've "seen the elephant" and you know the system works. The next time up always feels a little dodgy too, but you'll open just fine. But nice goin' and Merry Christmas !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

She spun up on me and started heading for the horizon... dicked with it for a few seconds, checked the alti, saw 1,800 coming up.. SEE YA! B|

That's the same thing I told my mother about why dumped my first wife !
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

She spun up on me and started heading for the horizon... dicked with it for a few seconds, checked the alti, saw 1,800 coming up.. SEE YA! B|

That's the same thing I told my mother about why dumped my first wife !

DOH!!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Yup, got back in the air and made 3 today. Since the pressure's off, I can just make however many I feel comfortable with.

Today, I, are you guys ready for this? I did a stand! It was sweeeeeeet! No video, though, so I'll have to do it again tomorrow jumping with AggieDave! B|
cavete terrae.

shitty body position

this thing is FAST in no-wind conditions

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_threaded;post=1979447;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;

Maybe these are being proposed for a reason...

Glad it turned out OK.

Rock

Turns out it wasn't in fact as much a problem with body position... I got some help from aggiedave, turns out my 3rings weren't level the way I was wearing my rig. We corrected that, and my openings have been sweet since then. Turns out my left leg is larger than the right, and since I was comparing my strap excess lengths, that was actually ending up with me wearing the rig somewhat incorrectly.

As for the downsizing proposals, I think they're a good idea, but I don't think my considering my canopy to be fast is any particular sign of downsizing too fast. I jump normally in the midwest, where you will VERY rarely see no-wind conditions, not to mention I'd only put 5 jumps on it before I came down here. However, the conditions have presented no problems, and I've stood up every landing without putting myself or anyone else in danger

B|
cavete terrae.

Glad to hear you got it worked out.

I just think most people do not consider the increased chances of this type of malfunction when they downsize. We talk a lot about landing accidents, and certainly those are a real threat. But most people don't put the increased probability of a cutaway into their equation when deciding on a smaller canopy.

Small harness adjustments or bad body position are less of a problem under docile canopies at lighter wing loadings. Just something for else for everyone out there to be aware of when choosing a canopy.

Have fun at Eloy! Wish I were there too!

Rock

Glad you are okay! I guess the first cutaway is a confidence booster huh?

Reading about your experience makes me feel better. Some of my family are up in arms about me jumping and I realize it's largely due to their lack of knowledge. It's nice to read a story where the system actually works.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28