unformed

minimalist watches

what i want is a watch with no minute hand, and no markings ...

i can find a bunch with no markings, but they have minute hands. that's still just too much information for me to digest.

does anyone have any idea where i can find one?
This ad space for sale.

Go to REI.. this is the only place I have found the best watch in the world.

Its a simple black nylon band about 1/4" thick and a round braid. The watch part is about 3/4" long and the watch part itself is a cylinder shape maybe 3/8" inche in diameter. It only shows the time (Digital) but it can show the date as well.

It's waterproof too. It clips into itself, you can unclip it and just carry the tiny watch part with you.

I love mine, it's got a life-time warranty and is maybe $8.

Edited to add a link to it:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=14205206&parent_category_rn=10075659&vcat=REI_SSHP_TIMETOOLSOPTICS_TOC

I searched for a watch just like this for years, don't know if it's what you were looking for but I was elated when I finally found this.

(I'm a huge dork sometimes/all the time. :$)

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

that's the thing though ... i don't want to know the time..

i spent three months travelling europe without ever knowing what time or day it was .. because ofnthat i want a watch that tells me nothing, or at most the hour ...

but, one that is professionally made, ie: looks like really nice watch .. i may just have to open one up and remove the hands ...
This ad space for sale.

dammm
i was just wondering what is the point you want to make wearing a watch that doesnt tell the time... i just dont wear one anymore... plus the fact that i almost always have my cell... which has a clock on it...
I have some nice watches.... sitting in my safe... they come out once in a while when they are appropriate.. the old school watches i have are jsut for doing excercise...
blues,
dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

I'd have to agree that if you don't want to know the time don't wear a watch.

Personally I never wear a watch (I usually have my cell which has the time on it...) I remember one time I was asked the time by a Major (I'm an Air Force Lt right now...) but at that moment I didn't have my cell on me and I told him I didn't know. He got a upset with me expecting ME to know the time.

Moments later after I had a chance to think it over... I realized the pointlessness of his anger. :S I got a kick out of it too... :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...