wmw999

You're not as clueless as you think

I broke up with a guy almost 5 years ago who called me obsessively for about 3 years after the breakup. In the beginning, tens of times, and he'd send 100 emails at a time (either "I love you" or "I hate you."). He'd fill the answering machine.

Police intervention cooled it for awhile, but not forever. :(

Never threatened in any way (and, knowing the guy, it was unlikely). Finally, he got another girlfriend, and it cut way back. Whether or not I had a boyfriend made no difference, although it did drop off somewhat after my BF called and said STOP.

Cut to today. I have had one hang-up from him in the last month (that's not bad). This morning there's a message:

"Wendy, I need to talk something over with you, I need your advice. I have the potential for a job in Michigan, and I'm wondering if I should even go on the interview.":o

Anyone who can figure out what my likely advice would be is not as clueless as they think :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Asking for advice in here can sometimes be like being one of those tin BB-gun targets at the carnival.

Depending on your intended level of involvement, you could not return the call to further impress upon him your desire to get on with your own life, and not give him the impression that he can drag you back into his with this particular tactic; or you could weigh in on this and risk causing him to believe there is reason to continue calling and bugging you on a regular basis.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Don't worry. I have no intention of responding. It took a long time to stop feeling sorry for him in any but the most detached way (I'm a real sucker).

Now I think this is a riot.

It's right up there with the message he left a couple of years ago:

I hate you, you're a horrible person
My ex-wife's baby (from long after the marriage) is sick and she wants me to help with the medical bills
why are women so crazy?

It's like a whole 'nother little world...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy, It seems you left him with a deep hurt/squished his heart:P

Go for it, it will be the best job you ever had line might help. If he takes it you and your current boy friend can join the witness protection program and go into hiding.:S Yea sounds a little crazy but think of it as an adventure.

Good luck and get an unlisted number, and some mace.

Um, Channing?

He currently lives in Houston. I live in Houston. My boyfriend lives with me in Houston.

Ex-BF is thinking about a job in Michigan, and wants my advice. My fairly obvious advice would be for him to move to Michigan. Where it's far away and phone calls will be more expensive. I'd probably never hear from him again (except when he wanted some advice on whether it's cold).

Wendy W.

I'm clueless. I left my many messages of advice and encouragement and affection from my many skydiving friends in my message account here, and didn't password protect them. Never thought they could be interpreted the wrong way.

Pretty clueless.

I can see you having that effect on someone.:P

You are so in trouble!!!

I'll just give you a quick uppercut and you'll bite that tongue-in-cheek right off :ph34r:

Wendy W.

I can see you having that effect on someone.:P

You are so in trouble!!!

I'll just give you a quick uppercut and you'll bite that tongue-in-cheek right off :ph34r:

Wendy W.

I was being serious!!!!

Sushi in March?

Hey Wendy, I've got to agree with the guy. I could see how a guy could get really addicted to you. As for the bad vibes and harrassment, who knows where that came from, but the addiction thing I can see as being great taste in ladies just taken a little too far.

Walt