kschilk

ICARUS SUCKS

>:( On 12/08/2005, I ordered a new Icarus Safire 2. The order was placed and confirmed and an estimated delivery date was given (late Jan. or early Feb.,’06), by the manufacturer. I had paid the full amount, not just the required deposit. Getting a bit antsy, due to a recent break in the weather…I contacted the dealer, for a more definite delivery date. I have just learned….that Icarus had LOST my order and now, quite frankly….couldn’t care less. They admit the order was placed but will not make ANY attempt to “rush” my lost order, it’s at the back of the line….due for delivery, sometime….maybe June or July.
I don’t usually slam manufacturers but this time, it’s clearly warranted. Icarus asserts its quality products, customer service and satisfaction. That’s obviously, a crock! This screw-up is clearly on their end, I think they’re obligated to fill the order ASAP. Especially, since it’s already past the original projected (latest) due date.
Their attitude sucks….that usually tends to make its way, to the production line. Zero credibility….usually translates into, zero quality. Thank God, they don’t make reserves! I sent Icarus a message, letting them know that I would be posting my "customer service" experience. Unlike Icarus, I DO....what I advertise. B|
"T'was ever thus."

Better change your main canopy in your profile!

I've got a couple of questions:

Do you really have just 100 plus jumps and ordering a semi-elip canopy?

Also you are a master rigger with just a back rating?
(It takes at least two ratings to be a master rigger)

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

That's why I don't jump products from those mean old nasty people from Icarus who are obviously just out to get you.

PD all the way!

:D

hmmm, what should I say about that!!!

...naaaaa... Im going to leave it....

DUDE. Icarus has a 30 day money back guarantee

just ask for your money back, or hell. sacrifice performance for customer service.:)

p.s. the safire 2 is a bad ass wing, can be flown very conservative, even for a student. or you can load it heavy and swoop the shit out of it. either way, it is a 9 cell badd ass canopy. good choice. sorry your having issues.

if I was buying a reserve though, I would definitely buy a P.D. reserve.

Of course there's always two sides to every story, but if everything you're saying is true then I think I'd be upset as well. If the manufacturer was responsible for losing the order then they should step up and take care of you. Shit happens, but imho providing good customer service involves admitting you screwed up and then doing whatever it takes to make things right.

Ask your dealer to see if the manufacturer will send a demo for you to use until yours is completed. If they won't, I'd cancel the order.

If somebody had posted something like this, before....I wouldn't have to do it, now.

Maybe the fact that you are the first one to post a complaint on the bonfire about them says that maybe its you not them. Shit happens. Get over it, write a letter, professionaly and express what happened, and what you want them to do to fix it, or get your money back.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

***: Better change your main canopy in your profile!

I've got a couple of questions:

Do you really have just 100 plus jumps and ordering a semi-elip canopy?

Also you are a master rigger with just a back rating?
(It takes at least two ratings to be a master

Done...and fixed the "rigger" thing. Damn wheel mouse!
No....but still probably under 200. Besides, it's a 139...puts me at about 1.12.

"T'was ever thus."

If somebody had posted something like this, before....I wouldn't have to do it, now.

Maybe the fact that you are the first one to post a complaint on the bonfire about them says that maybe its you not them. Shit happens. Get over it, write a letter, professionaly and express what happened, and what you want them to do to fix it, or get your money back.

Eh?! A quick search turns up more than one thread of people complaining about them. Everyone has different experience with gear manufactures - but come on people, they're not amazon.com, they don't have a billion of what you want in stock. And most of them are shitty about estimating when your gear will show up too. Some ARE better than others, and some just say "12 weeks" and you might have it in 2. Deal with it. If you don't like it, don't buy from them anymore and/or cancel your order. Again, everyone usually has a different story, but for some reason this industry is inconsistent, ask 10 people, get 5 different answers on what their experience was. Example - I'll probably never buy anything from Wings again, but there's been numerous people on here raving about them. No biggie, I'm didn't/not going to trash them, they might have just had an off day, most people have been happy with them.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Dude, that's the most hilarious signature I've ever seen. It's sad, but it's so....sooo true.

Hahahahaha. Where have you been hiding? I'll catch you guys out this weekend. About time I made a jump again.

And oh yeah. My dealings with them and my Crossfire2 rock. But my customer service was through a rep at the SDAZ holiday boogie.

*had to put something in the thread related and that will probably tweak someone*

That's why I don't jump products from those mean old nasty people from Icarus who are obviously just out to get you.

PD all the way!

Goto go with chris PD is awesome Pr.. Also, beezy shaw from hiper. Thats one of the most important factors when i buy shit is the customer service...Although Icarus has some good products their customer service sucks big time. I almost bought one of their products, but when ordering i was passed back and forth.
cancel the order. Maybe go with a pd or hiper product. I know both companies are great and beezy will give you a demo if you have any problems with your canopy
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Get a Pilot, you will really like it (IMHO). If you like stock colors, you could probably have it by next weekend. I don't know about the Aerodyne service, since I bought mine used. Most don't like whiners, though...;)

I am the official poster child for Aerodyne (:P), and I LOVE those guys! B|B|B|B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Done...and fixed the "rigger" thing. Damn wheel mouse!

Are you trying to say you selected the rigging qualifications by mistake?[:/]

With the right kind of mouse, it's very easy to screw up a pull-down menu.

I do it all the time.

My 21-year old daughter just set up a profile here, and it says she's a photographer. She isn't. She has no idea how it happened, but I do, because it's the same way I briefly became a resident of Botswana. :|

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

[replyWith the right kind of mouse, it's very easy to screw up a pull-down menu.

rl

maybe you're right ... ;)

I may just print this out and frame it. Then on days when I'm all wrong, I can look to it as a reminder that every now and again, at least, I get to be right.

Either that, or I'm going to make it my new sig.

:)
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

PD all the way!

hmmm, what should I say about that!!!

...naaaaa... Im going to leave it....

DUDE. Icarus has a 30 day money back guarantee

just ask for your money back, or hell. sacrifice performance for customer service.:)

p.s. the safire 2 is a bad ass wing, can be flown very conservative, even for a student. or you can load it heavy and swoop the shit out of it. either way, it is a 9 cell badd ass canopy. good choice. sorry your having issues.

if I was buying a reserve though, I would definitely buy a P.D. reserve.

Mark, remember, you've been dealing lately with Icarus NZ not Spain. Span and the US reps have had a history of pretty crap sevice. Probably why they've been through so many.

Not sure who is the us Rep now, but had been hearing good things as of late.....hope this is just a fluke.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I dont really understand why people make these hate posts. I've seen a hundred of them and they havent influenced my opinion in any way, yet the poster seems to think they are making a profound impact on the consumers. Really all you've done is shot yourself in the foot... I am pretty sure that any help Icarus *could* have given you has been replaced by making your life as difficult as possible, especially since they have/had your money. Basically you arent gaining anything other than a little personal gratification in venting some of your angst. You definately arent making any friends by doing so, and no one wants to help a loose cannon.

Resolve your issues in a professional manner or cancel your order. We've all had bad service at one time or another. Once you cross the line of bad mouthing, you cannot salvage the situation without eating crow.