ihavearrived

Dream of flying?

There goes that theory! I am trying to figure out why some people just wont go skydiving. I am a river guide on the Gauley River in WVA, the Upper gauley is a solid class V (five) river. People die and get hurt on it every year. I have been guiding on it for ten years, and have taken my wife down it a few times, so I know she is capable of risking her life. I have tried to get her to do a tandem jump, but she says NO WAY!!! I know this sounds crazy but she has never dreamed of flying and I have and do quite often. I was thinking there may be some sort of connection?!?!?!?

I know that this is not a new topic, but I am curious, are there any skydivers that did not dream about flying when you were a kid? I always have and still do, and not in the skydiving sence, but rather, a superman type flying?!

Thanks for any input!
Blue Skies!

Yes, Flying but more like a helicopter view.
w/swoop .
Mostly tho.. Being on a tall building & afraid of falling off.
Go. figure that one? ;)
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

For as long as I can remember I've had dreams of flying. Flapping my arms and flying like a bird, floating around like a balloon, all kinds of aviating.

My most recent dreams of being off the ground are all skydiving related. Sometimes a cross between a free fall and flying.

I love it all.

Have had some difficulties with power lines and such. Many of my dreams involved either having to clear the lines on the way up or coming back down. I've never collided with them, but they've been a serious worry for me.

Just got back from a nice out and back to LAX. Had 120kt headwinds on the way out, and sweet 120 kt tailwinds on the return leg. Mostly smooth both ways. Great vis in the LA Basin.

Cheers,

Mo

Not flying, but levitation. If i think hard enough about it, i can levitate( go up about 10-20 feet high) I can also make a tennis ball move in whatever direction i want just by thinking hard.
If i lose concentration with the levitation, it feels like i will fall to the ground and get hurt so i try not to go too high unless i'm in the zone.
Oh this only happens in dreams about once a year or so but it feels so real.

I don't have flying dreams too often. However lately I had some goofy ones. Involved having mals. I threw out and basically got a ball of shit. I remember thinking I should cut it away but didn't cause I thought I could fix it. I had 3 one morning a few days ago. I got them all open just before impact and had a nice swoop. Just remember being mad because I kept landing off. :D The last one was funny in that I pulled with my left hand. I remember thinking "Why is the hackey on the wrong side?" :D I'll chalk them up to the fact that I have been under some CRAZY stress lately.