shermanator

bungee jumping

ok, so i was just curious about all your thoughts on bungee jumping. I used to feel like i would never ever go, even though i would jump out of a semi-good airplane, But now, that has changed to, I would do it if my friend's were going and wanted me to go to.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Its not something I would arrange to do but if a bunch of people were going and asked me along, and I couldnt think of a good enough excuse not to go, then Id go to.

I was meant to do it one time when I was working in Vegas..our DZ had a deal with AJ Hackett at Circus circus, so all staff could jump free.
Anyway, I waited around so they could try to squeeze me in at the end of the day but people just kept coming in and in the end they shut before I could jump.

I swam in their pool for a while then went home dissapointed and also a bit relieved.

It was something I always wanted to do along with all the other once-off adrenalin stuff (like my er one and only skydive)
now that i'm into skydiving i've lost interest, because i don't like the passivity of it (you jump and then... fall and then dangle around waiting?). still keen on doing stuff like rapp jumping though:)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

i done a low one (54 metters)
i done it before i start skydiving... at that time that was exciting and something new (not the height... i climbed walls before)...
now after skydiving i think it will be more exciting... thinking i`m too low ;);)
bungee jumping is fun

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

been there, done that....

...i did it before I started jumping, and it was okay, but nothing incredibly out of the ordinary. It was one of those things to do on my 'things to do before i die list', so i did. I'd rather be skydiving anyday over bungee jumping...

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I've made around 15-20 off of a 250' crane. It was fun and I like the rush on the rebound. :)
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

I've done it before. Did it mainly because I had wanted to make a bungee jump since I was a kid. Honestly it was ok, but I found it to be fairly boring.

The most fun I had about that jump was listening to the ride operators explain how it was just like skydiving. On and on he went to all the people signing up to ride his ride. Finally I asked him how many jumps he had. He said he had completed 1 tandem. It was at that point he saw my DZ staff shirt and the 4 or 5 other DZ staff shirts of the group of jumpers I was with. He didn't say much about skydiving after that.

Now THAT was the most entertaining part of the entire bungee jump.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I found it to be fairly boring.

Shit man, it must suck to be you.
:o
For me, its things like waiting in a queue, watching shit tv and driving long distances that are boring.
Sometimes spending all day flying a plane can get pretty boring but I cant imagine getting bored doing 30 seconds worth of bungee jumping.

I was around 14 and too light to do it. Being a little head strong and dumb bastard i pushed down on the scales using a hand under a table to put on a few Lbs and qualified for the yellow rope. Then proceeded to find a fake mum and dad in the crowd. I was the last to jump and done it in style with a back flip (no one had done it that day on their first jump so i had to do it)

Only thing is my certificate says my name is Andrew Tasker...Ah well, definately worth doing

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.