cocheese

Define "self-centered"

Don't worry. It's not your fault your the only person you think of...I'm the same way.

But enough about you..let's talk about my day.....
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Someone i asked to be my therapist said i was this.

It's news to me, but of course, how would i know this if i was ?

Ok, i don't volunteer, have pets, children, or even a SO.

Maybe she's right. This thread is self centered. Sorry.

What am I gonna do with you?

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Enough about you!!!

Me on the other hand. We could talk about me all day!!!

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

"Ok, i don't volunteer, have pets, children, or even a SO."

These "things" do not make you a self centered person.

A self centered person is ...mmm...how to put this(?)...all about "me" type of person. Its all about "them" in almost every situation, whether the "spot light" is on them or not...they will some how turn it around and bring the focus back on themselves.

Bobbi

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Take it as a compliment.

Everyone should be a little self-centered.

IMO, you can't truly give yourself to others in any way, unless you make yourself happy first.

People hate hearing this and say I'm selfish for saying/believe so.

Fuck em. I'm happy:P;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Lets stop dwelling on trivial definitions like "self centered" and start talking about something important like.......me.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

You're not self-centered! I remember at the Naughty Cupid Boogie last year, I really wanted to be on the last load and Katie Blue got you to give me your ticket so I could go jump with my honey. It was very unselfish. :)
Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I think there is a difference between being self-centred and being selfish. I'm a self-centred person in the fact that I do like my own company a great deal and sometimes I don't think about other people around me, not in a malicious way or anything though, more like I just don't think it's my business a lot of the time. It's not like i'm only focused on me and I expect others to be, it's more like i'm focused on me because I don't consider it anyone else's job/right to be. Does that make sense? I still go out of my way to help people and spend time with my mates, but I do think i'm pretty self-centred.

However I think a selfish person is all about themselves in order to gain something from it, (attention/possessions/status etc) denying other people to improve their situation. That is not cool.

I don't think you're selfish at all Jef, I have no idea whether you're self-centred though. That's something you should probably know, I don't necissarily think it's a bad thing though. :)

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

I I I I I ME ME ME ME MINE MINE MINE I am the most important person in the universe and no one else matters, not hteir feelings, priorities or needs just mine. anymore self centered than that they would fold in on themselves:P-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Yup, it's all about me:)

Get out of my spotlight - slacker.:ph34r:

:P:P:PMake me!:P:P:P

BOOBIES!:ph34r:

Yup, I got two of those that I can look at and play with any time I want:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Yup, it's all about me:)

Get out of my spotlight - slacker.:ph34r:

:P:P:PMake me!:P:P:P

BOOBIES!:ph34r:

Yup, I got two of those that I can look at and play with any time I want:ph34r:

Prove IT!:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun