Hausse

How to put a freaking Viso together

Hey everybody I need you help.

I just got a Viso yesterday and I can't put it together (as a wrist mount). I unpacked it and there is either a part missing or me and at least another 5 people are too stupid to get it working. Since L&B is on Christmas break they will receive my nasty E-mail then, and I won't be able to use it for the whole Christmas.

There is no directions at ALL in the booklet how to put it together. About 50 pages on how to use it but nothing on how to assemble it.

I added a picture of what I have. It would be great if the Viso using people could tell me if I'm stupid or if there is something missing;)

Thanks

Yes, basically it's a crap kit!
You can either use the small cable ties provided to fix each corner of the VISO to either of the wrist mounts.
Or you need to purchase the Clear Silicone Protector which then allows you to fix the Protector with the VISO inside to either of the wrist mounts using the wax type string provided.
However each way of doing it is basically a 'Lash up' and you would expect better from L&B. Considering they've gone to all the trouble of making some nice wrist mounts. Then obviously forgot to figure out how to attach the VISO to them so must have got the stores man to put some string and cables ties in at the last minute! p.s. If you do use the Protector you'll find that you'll have to cut the screen out later so that you can see the VISO readout in freefall!

That was a little uncalled for JP.

The stuff from most manufactures comes with some assembly instructions and the L&B guys are usually great. This kit is garbage the way it was received. To have to tack and cooble this expensive equipment together is not right. two riggers the Square one dealer and everyone else who looked at it were all baffled. We just didn't expect such a difficult process.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

It would be great if the Viso using people could tell me if I'm stupid or if there is something missing;)

Theres nothing missing man :P j/k

What is the velcro on the back/front of the finger ring thingy for?

You want to mount the Viso unit to the other side of that velcro, using the velcro to cover up the black cord you use to tie the unit.
The velcro will then be the part resting against the top of your hand.
Just tie it tight and secure and jump it.
Or send it to me and Ill mount it for you. Im not a rigger but I have common sense. :P
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Hm okey so I assume that I was either just too stupid or that I was expecting something good for $180 and not a bunch of crap I have to tie together. I think it's the second one. I really like the wrist mount but it's a shame that J&B fucked up how to mount the unit to the wrist band. And some instructions in the booklet wouldn't hurt either.

Okey diabolo pilot, have you ever had a Viso? And if you did, were you satisfied with a wrist mount that you had to KNOT together? I would assume that for $180 I can get an actually nice mount and not something I have to just randomly knot together...

Yes I have, and I had no trouble figuring that it attached to the hand mount the same way it attached to a helmet. Since people seem to be demanding visuals that can double as an audible, then they have to compromise.

You want a hand mount? Buy one.

L&B is in the top three customer service companies in skydiving by my book. Try talking to them about your complaint, I'll bet they make you happy.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I don't think the viso is an audible, so it would be strange to think that it would attach to a hand mount the same way it mounts to a helmet.

Since when do L&B audibles have to be sewn to helmets anyway?

"You want a hand mount? Buy one." Umm, it comes with one. Why should anybody have to buy it? L&B could just come up with a better way of attaching it to the hand mount (like a neptune) or include instructions on the hard way.

Geez, the grumpy, burned out, full time jumpers these days... they think everything has to be done the hard way like they did it in the olden days (9 years ago). I remember when we had to walk uphill, through the snow, both ways to mount an altimeter! And we liked it!

:P

Dave

I completely agree with dave. It should be easy and convenient to attach it. If I would want it the hard way I'd build one myself...

By the way I already contacted L&B and they are on vacation until January. They dropped me a quick note though so the service seems to be good when they are working.

The Viso gives you 2 options to mount it. With a single strap or with the finger ring. I like that option. But I agree, they should come up with a more convenient way to mount it.
But its not hard to figure out how to do it.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

I am yet to see better service from a skydiving manufacturer than L and B, though wings, aerodyne and UPT come a very close second.

Email MAds at L and B and he will go out of his way to make sure you are satisfied.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Hey I have no doubt that L&B will offer great service but I still think I should be able to take it out of the package and just click it together and not having to ask tons of people if I seriously have to tie stuff together.

I figured it would have been apparent to you when you opened the package and there was nothing to "click together"....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It wasn't to me nor to any of the at least 5 people who looked at it (3 senior riggers with all more than 3000 jumps). Most probably because we expected something slightly better.
I'll jump it next weekend. I hope the altimeter itself is better than the mount.

It wasn't to me nor to any of the at least 5 people who looked at it (3 senior riggers with all more than 3000 jumps). Most probably because we expected something slightly better.
I'll jump it next weekend. I hope the altimeter itself is better than the mount.

Lars and Mads- His views about 'something better' and ' hoping it is better than the mount', despite his signature having my gear store in it, i assure you these are not the views of the karnage krew as I believe you guys make superior products over anything similar.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I am sorry I did not mean to talk bad about the Visos. The reason why I ordered it was that it has excellent functions for a very good price and the service L&B has seems also to be really good since they replied to my concerns nearly instantly, despite being on holidays.
I really hope I can jump the Viso next weekend and I'm sure it will work great after having somebody help me to mount it.