pop

Getting a new harness

I took a year off from jumping, and my year is now up. I will be getting back into jumping come April. I sold my gear last year, but looking to get some new gear. I was seriously considering A e r o d y n e there for a while, but was disappointed with the way they begun invading my posts. I c o n is definitely out. So what do you think between my other choices?
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I absolultely LOVE my Mirage. If I can curb my new-found boogie-fever, I plan on trying to save to buy another one.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I will be getting back into jumping come April.

Say it ain't so dude. ;)

I guess after a year of eating cheap pizza for lunch (I've been eating way to much lately), I guess you can now afford a new container? If you get the Wings (one of my two rigs is a Wings), make sure you get the cut-in laterals option. It's worth the added expense.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I guess after a year of eating cheap pizza for lunch (I've been eating way to much lately

That $1.25 pizza on Pender friggen ROCKS!!! They have one with different cheeses and
garlic.....YUMMMAY!!!!!

How about that Vera's burger too??!?!? Eh?

I own one Wings and two Javs. All articulated. I love them all, but the articulated harness on the wings in superior.

The customer service has been good for both. Wings built me a custom non standard size container. I didn't even ask for that. They asked me if I would like a one of a kind for no charge.

I just asked Wings if I could be a dealer yesterday, so I am biased.

I would say, that there is no bad rig out there. If a rig is a poor design it doesn't last. So any modern rig that fits properly, is going to be very good for you.

Spend your money most efficiently so you can make more jumps. Wings is less expensive.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I absolutely love my Vector.But some people freak at the cost of RWS or Sunpath.If its a budget problem,I would go with Wings in a heartbeat.;)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Come to skyfest - they will have all kinds of rigs to demo - canopies too.

(Yes - ths is yet ONE MORE shameless plug for skyfest):D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Demo'ing rigs isn't that great of an idea. Jumping a rig that isn't fit to you can do as much harm as it can do good when trying to make a decision, especially one built on comfort. A rig built for a guy 5' 10" and 185lbs may not fit the next 5'10"/185lbs schmuck.

Not to completely rain on your parade... Go to skyfest! I'm sure it'll be a blast :P

I love my Wings...but I'm not married to the name. For no apparent reason my next rig might be from RWS, just because. Wings is great though, customer service is superb, and the harness is VERY comfy. In fact... I love everything about it...maybe I won't stray.

Oh shit I almost forgot...they are soooo much cheaper!

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?"

Demo'ing rigs isn't that great of an idea. Jumping a rig that isn't fit to you can do as much harm as it can do good when trying to make a decision, especially one built on comfort. A rig built for a guy 5' 10" and 185lbs may not fit the next 5'10"/185lbs schmuck.
:P

I rented gear from a DZ one time and almost fell out of it on opening. So yes...I agree....

Out of those choices: Micron
Another choice: Infinity

I agree. I LOVE my new Micron. But I'll also say that the Infinity is one of the most comfy rigs I've ever jumped - I just didn't like the thinner longer look.

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer