CSpenceFLY

Are there undesirables at your DZ

at perris the person working manifest (dont rember who it was that day) tried to give me one of those royal crown bag things FULL of cash and a pro-track. It was so freakin tempting. I looked down at it and my eyes light up (im VERY poor). I had to argure with my self for a while but eventually the honest side of me won. It really was a battle of epic proportions
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

I've had a Neptune stolen from me @ a DZ, but that's about it for me.

I think that DZ's are just like any other place in the world. The sort of people you meet there will run the gamut, from awesome people you could trust with your kids or your wallet to scumbag pieces of shit who assault women or steal things. I think that most skydivers could be trusted with my wallet, but like any other community, we do have our bad elements.

I think that we have less of the undesirable element in our own community than in other segments of society, however. It takes a certain credit rating or income to afford to participate in our sport on a regular basis. Most people with that sort of credit rating or income tend to be honest/good people who would never steal from or harm someone. Vinny opinion.

Sad to think any of us might have jumped with a thief, but be they thief, murderer, kidnapper, or any other kind of worthless scumbag, I would like to think that anyone I've been in the air with would share the same love of the sport as I and would never do anything to harm the sport, despite what they might do to their fellow skydivers. Hard for me to identify with such folks, but I would hope that I'm correct in that.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

yep...they just haven't been identified as thieves...yet.

Equipment and personal belongings just don't get up and walk away.

Well...unless we're talking about Hansie's underwear this past weekend.:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'm more worried about the simian that seems to think punching people is an acceptable greeting. I'm glad he seems to have moved on.

I have a female friend who had a devastating encounter with this p.o.s. I have tried to warn my friends (of both sexes) about him, but everyone seems to just accept and even like him.:S

If you want details in an effort to keep your own dz safe, PM me.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

your always out of the loop...Now get off your fat ass and plan our beach boogie..Time is against us
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I've . . . correct in that.

:S

Dam Vinnie - you focused that long and wrote all that?

out of Tequila - aren't you.[:/]

:D:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

We have a saying at the WFFC "Nothing is ever stolen, it's just borrowed for 10 days"

True story, lost my glasses the first day I arrived in Rantoul two years ago, while putting up fence in the pond area. Pond hadn't been built yet, grass hadn't been mowed. I figured they were gone forever. Very last day I was in Rantoul, TWENTY EIGHT days later, someone turned them in.

Three years ago, my purse and shoes ended up missing from the entertainment area. When the security staff had called me aside for something, Peanut had found them, and put them inside his tent for safe keeping. God Bless Peanut and Lucky!

Really, at the end of the Convention we end up with a very interesting hodge podge of stuff. We have shipped back goggles, cameras GALORE, helmets, helmet cams, mains, free bags, hats, dytters, log books. You name it. We spend a fortune on shipping at the end of the WFFC. Someone left 2 pairs of pants in a big soggy pile at the end of theWFFC this year. Luckily, they were in my size, and never claimed. Quick trip to the laundramat and I had a nice new wardrobe. If someone recognizes them this year, I'll be glad to give them back.

Guess that makes the biggest thief at my dz, ME. Yep, I's one of them there undesireables.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Personally I never leave my gear out for long periods of time anywhere.

I am not too concerned about fellow skydivers at Raeford, but we have had unattended gear stolen by people from the area sniffing around for something they can hock for quick cash.

On the other hand, there has been this nut job hanging around behind the dumpsters (pic attached).
Arrive Safely

John

I never leave anything out, anywhere. Call me paranoid, but I lock everything in my car at night, as soon as I'm done with it. It's not really the skydivers I'm worried about, it's just that you never know who's hanging around. :|

I seem to recall a certain boogie in the mountains. It was fairly small and I knew (and trusted) most the people there. I recall one shady local whuffo (in particular) hanging around. I think I also recall a couple hundred bucks that were unaccounted for out of the cash box at the end of the weekend. I'm not pointing any fingers, you just never know...

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Wait a damn minute>:(Are you saying because I
have a bad credit rating,drive an old car,and live in a
trailer park on a DZ,I'm undesirable?:(I'm hurt.........sniffle:(
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Are there undesirables at your DZ

You mean besides Tom Hayden :D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D

But seriously, nope. Sure there are people that are better 'received' than others, but I can't think of one person at our dz, or any dz I've called home that I would feel weird about leaving our stuff around.

I think for the most part, most DZ's are good. There are going to be bad apples everywhere and my guess is that boogies seem to attract them (good pickings maybe?).

Anyway, if Robbie's reading this I'll let him know if someone's sporting a 'new laptop' but I wouldn't expect to see it here. [:/]

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

Are you serious? Skydivers are sociopaths. Admittedly most of us have some sort of moral code that includes not stealing from people, especially skydivers.

If you leave your shit out over night it could get stolen.... but, it could also get sabotaged. It has happened.

And what ever you do, do not leave your 16 year old daughter over night at the D Zed