ryno1972

I F#$ked up, I need help!!!

OK everyone, I seriously screwed up! A couple of months ago I bought a nice, new Hustler Magazine. ( I needed something to "do", I was out of town and in a Hotel room by myself, and yes I am ready for the barrage of jokes.)

Well I left the friggin thing in my suitcase and my kids found it this morning. My wife called me very upset. My oldest daughter is 6, the other 2. I mean, shit, what if she looked through the damned thing, that is some raunchy shit.

I feel sick to my stomach, that was the last thing they needed to see, espacially my oldest, I mean she is six for crying out loud.

Anyway, how on earth do I talk to her about it? Should I try to let it blow over and not mention it? Or do I try to address the situation?

Anyway, some advice would be much appreciated!!
Thanks, Ryan
glad to be here!!

Sometimes I'm so glad I don't have kids! :D

At 6 years old, I agree that she doesn't know what she's lookin' at. I was a little older than that when my friends and I found some Hustler's in the trash. We liked the boobs... the other stuff we didn't pay alot of attention to.

I don't know how good of advice this is, but coming from a non-parent, I would just let it go, and not make an ordeal about it. She's probably already forgotten what she saw. Bringing it up again is just drawing attention to something she doesn't need to be thinking about.

Good luck, let us know how you handle it, in case I'm ever in that situation!

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

I doubt they'll understand what it is. When I was six I tried to tune in some cartoons on the tv but ended up getting the playboy channel (or something similar). I didnt know what it was and just left it on then went and got some cereal. When my mum woke up and saw me eating my breakfast and watching playboy all she said was that its normal for grown ups to be naked and there was nothing wrong with it.

Dont worry about it man, I know plenty of lads who've found their dads' stash!:)

When my son was 6 he had a sleep over at one of our friends house. They were watching a movie in the parents bedroom and some how found a box with magazines and toys.:o:o:o My friend called me as soon as it happened and explained everything, she was so distraught. I calmed her down and we both agreed not to make a big deal about it and to let the whole thing go. To this day they (kids) have never brought it up. I think because we didn’t make it into an issue we didn’t develop an issue. Like Squeak said it is unlikely that they understand and if you and your wife feel the need to discuss this issue with them just speak to them calmly. Honestly at that age they are more interested in Disney, Nickelodeon etc and probably wont even give it a second thought! And try not to be too hard on yourself, your only human. Its not like you left it on the coffee table.
:)

I agree with loves2jump2, just let it go and stop freakin'. However, I don't think we should downplay the imagination and memories of these kids. I think they take in more, and know more than we think. It is important though, to talk to them as if they were adults, if that time comes.

I remember when I was 5, I found one of my Dad's dirty magazines in the garage. The girl was posed on the tennis court in the bright sun shine. Sweat was beaded up all over her body. I just remember being totally absorbed in the images. My Dad was on to me within about 30 seconds, and told me that was his, and not for me. Thus began my quest to find more such images!:)

I had a similar situation last week. (No! The magazine was not mine.)

I pretty much didn't freak. Just told my 5 year old that some things are not appropriate for children. Just like drinking alcohol. Then I asked her if she had any questions about what she saw. She just told me that she didn't really look that much. One of the other girls was "reading" it and she just wanted to see. She just noted the boobs and was wondering why they were naked in a magazine.

I don't want her to think it's taboo, but I really don't want her to emulate it either. As it turns out. She could care less.

Just be honest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

On the other end of the spectrum. My uncle (80 yrs. old) let himself in to my place waiting for me awhile back. I got home a few hrs. later. He said he read everything in the house, then went snooping I guess. He found a Hustler Barley Legal and said "I read it til I couldnt stand it anymore". LOL I'm wondering whet he did to my aunt that nite.:o
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.