shropshire

Cooking ... What's your signature dish...

Mine? Prawns Pil-Pil...

Raw prawns (Tiger - yum yum)
Garlic (thin sliced)
Olive Oil
Spring Onions
Fresh Ginger (julien'd)
Light Sherry (Tio Pepe)
Hot Red Peppers (thin sliced)

You need to fresh rustic bread to mop up the source.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Mine? Prawns Pil-Pil...

Raw prawns (Tiger - yum yum)
Garlic (thin sliced)
Olive Oil
Spring Onions
Fresh Ginger (julien'd)
Light Sherry (Tio Pepe)
Hot Red Peppers (thin sliced)

You need to fresh rustic bread to mop up the source.

Mine changes, but currently turkey breast stuffed with asparagus and a mix of cream cheese, green onion, garlic, and tarragon, breaded and baked.

Tasty!!!

Walt

Tournedos Rossini

Seared beef tournedos (a thick round cut from the tenderloin) topped with seared foie gras, demi-glace, and truffles on rounds of crustless white toast (to soak up the sauce and foie gras drippings!)

Paired with:

Pommes Anna

A cake of pressed, thin potato slices arranged in a spiral with clarified butter between the layers, roasted at high temperature in cast iron until a glassine crust forms.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Chicken and vegetable pie,

Grease a roasting dish with butter. then line it with filo pastry 4 sheets thick, chop 3-4 chicken breasts ito good size chunks and make a cheese sauce using the juice from the cooked chicken, chop up a red onion a green and a red capsicum and a broccoli head.

Line the bottom of the pie with spinach leaves then throw in the chopped veges, put the cooked chicken in evenly and fill any gaps with chunks of creeam cheese. pour the cheese sauce over it all and put a layer of spinach over it all then cover with 4 layereof filo pastry.

roll the edges in th the pan pour melted butter over it to brown the pie and sprinkle with seseme seeds. cook at 180-200C until gloden brown and enjoy with a glass of your favorite wine.

get me laid every time ;)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Tournedos Rossini

Seared beef tournedos (a thick round cut from the tenderloin) topped with seared foie gras, demi-glace, and truffles on rounds of crustless white toast (to soak up the sauce and foie gras drippings!)

Paired with:

Pommes Anna

Stop! I'm drooling! You are also making us average cooks look bad!

A cake of pressed, thin potato slices arranged in a spiral with clarified butter between the layers, roasted at high temperature in cast iron until a glassine crust forms.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I love cooking fancy meals but I do not have a main signature dish. I do however have a signature dessert.

White and Dark Chocolate Marble Cheesecake, With Cherry Topping. It is a big hit whenever I serve it.

Richards.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I don't really have a signature dish... I like to make a lot of different things but one of my favorite dishes to make for another person is Blackened Salmon (or Tuna) Steamed (or sauted) mixed fresh veggies (with lots of color, yellow squash, grean beans/string peas, julianned Carrots, etc...) and pasta (twisty type, I don't remeber what its called, rotini perhaps) with itlian herbs/grated Parmesan...

Then I can always make something traditional for desert... or be creative...

Generally I enjoy cooking... Its cleaning I don't enjoy...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Tournedos Rossini

Paired with:

Pommes Anna

:o:o:oOMG!!!!

Can you do this dish on a BBQ at the Rainbow Boogie??? I soooooo want to meet you Narci and talk food. Better yet, lets cook some food, eat it and talk about more food! OMFG!

For some reason, people really like the appetizers I do...

Salat Caprese

2 really fresh tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
4 oz. of fresh mozzarella (you know that stuff in a tub floating in water, not the shredded crap you put on a frozen pizza to make it taste better)
6-10 leaves of fresh basil - thinly sliced or chiffonade
GOOD extra virgin olive oil to drizzle on top
Optional - a drizzle of balsamic vinegar

Serve with toast points or toasted baguette

:)
Hummus and flat bread

1 8oz can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
Juice from one lemon
1-2 cloves of garlic
Fresh herbs of your choice (a little basil, oregano and parsley do rather nicely)
Touch of salt and pepper
GOOD extra virgin olive oil
Tahini (sesame seed paste) - if you're into it

Toss everything except the olive oil in a food processor and grind it up. With the processor running drizzle in the EVOO until the mixture looks a bit like smooth peanut butter.

Serve with warmed flat bread or pita

YUMMY!

Actually I do make a mean rack of lamb (in a rosemary marinade). The problem I find is that too many people cannot appreciate a good rack of lamb. You see, the only way to cook rack of lamb is rare (all great chefs will agree with this) . You can get away with medium rare but rare is better. I don't understand why people get so squeamish about a little blood or redness.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Lasagna. Slow cooked homemade meatsauce. Original lasagna noodles. Cottage, parmesan, mozzerella cheeses....and LOTS of them! Baked to a golden bubbly brown.

Oh, and homemade banana pudding with everything made from scratch including the pudding and the meringue.

Damn...now you've made me hungry. [:/]
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance