Twoply

Mensa members?

Anybody here in Mensa? I have a question about their organization and would like a jumper's perspective.

No, I'm not a genius... I'm insane... :P

The line between genius and insanity is a fine one indeed...:D:P
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I was a member for one year. My personal experience with them included the realization that my being willing to pay for another year of membership should be grounds for automatically excluding me from that membership...i.e. it'd be dumb. Some people seem to enjoy their local chapter's activities, but I'm definitely not one of them.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

whats their IQ requirement?

They don't have an actual IQ requirement. They just require members to be in the top two percent of the population, as judged by any of several tests they'll consider for admission purposes, (including one of their own design).

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'm a Mensa member. What do you want to know?

:)

I have zero doubt that you easily meet the admissions requirement, but I have a really difficult time imagining you hanging out with those boring stiffs. Does your group drink tequila?! :o All my chapter ever did was meet once a month to eat crappy buffet food, play board games, and argue about politics (Mensa politics...not local, state, or federal).

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I don't go very often, but when I do I always have a good time. The Jax chapter has Dine-Out sigs which are nice for exploring new restaurants. There are no tequila drinkers up here amongst the Mensa crowd that I know of. Perhaps I should start a tequila SIG.

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I don't think anyone here will get number 15.

Yeah, I didn't make it that far... my attention span only made it to #13. Damn ADD...

What's the answer to #10. It's the only one I couldn't figure out. Probably overlooking the obvious, but I'm not getting the question.... [:/]
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!