wingnut

i found schlitz

yup, the beer, had to buy some to take back home for friends.. been forever since i've seen it in a store... not gona drink it though, that's why i have the shinerbock....

yup, the beer, had to buy some to take back home for friends.. been forever since i've seen it in a store... not gona drink it though, that's why i have the shinerbock....

Very good decision - and backed up by lots of experiance, I bet.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

JESUS H CHRIST.... I had not heard of Schlitz in YEARS.....I can remember smelling the wafting smell of the Schlitz and the Blatz Brewries in Milwaukee when I was growing up.

Why aren't women allowed to drink beer naked on the beach in Milwaukee?

So they don't get sand in their Schlitz...

(Old Milwaukee joke .......... No wait .......... that's a different beer ........ never mind.)

Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

found it in the store on base here in texas.. havn't tried it, just might have too...

As I recall, it's best preceded by a shot of cheap whiskey.
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

That was my dad's beer of choice growing up, and I believe my first sip of beer. It was probably one of those moments as a kid where I said "Dad, can I try a sip of your beer?" and Dad gave me a sip (correctly) predicting that was enough to put me off beer for quite a while.:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

That was my dad's beer of choice growing up, and I believe my first sip of beer. It was probably one of those moments as a kid where I said "Dad, can I try a sip of your beer?" and Dad gave me a sip (correctly) predicting that was enough to put me off beer for quite a while.:D

Me too! Dad use to send me in to get him a beer and I'd have to wipe the top off with a rag, and open it before making the delivery. I snuck a few sips of the schlitz and set the stage for becoming a vodka drinker...The stuff is foul...not quite as bad as Chesterfield Kings though!

You would be amazed how many folks around here are drinking Schlitz again. Tons of bars are selling it again.

I'm guessing it's kind of like PBR and trucker hats. People do it because they think it's edgy and ironic, but the irony is that it becomes so ubiquitous that it's no longer "edgy."

Then again, we shouldn't expect all that much from people who think Alanis Morrisette's definition of irony is an accurate one. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You would be amazed how many folks around here are drinking Schlitz again. Tons of bars are selling it again.

I've even seen Schlitz neon signs popping up in liquor stores.

I've been a Schlitz fan for a long time - my grandpa used to drink it and you could always find it up here. It's pretty good - still like Labatt Blue more though.

Still take yingling over it though ;)

Jen
Arianna Frances

that a PBR! What is the deal?!

I really cant say much. I'm considering going back to Miller High Life the champagne of beers as my cheap alternative.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865