JohnMitchell

Sake: like it or not?

Until a few weeks ago, I'd never had it. Then a visiting Japanese exchange student brought me a bottle of it. I've now had a few glasses of it over the weeks and still haven't really found it to my liking. Strange, conssidering there's not many things I don't like to drink.:P

What are some of the different types and how should it be served, such as warm or cold?

I clicked the second choice, but that's because I usually drink beer. But actually, I like variety. I've only had sake a couple of times, but itwas good. Apparently the brewing process is pretty complicated.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

good chilled sake (and I'm talking good stuff...) is extremely smooth and very easy on the pallet.

if you can get ahold of some Junmai Daiginjo Sake... you can experience it yourself... (Oh... drink it cold...)

oh... interestingly enough rice is able to be fermented up to almost 20% alcohol without distillation... compared to 3-5% for beer and 9-12% for wines...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I think sake works best with food, rather than as a drink on its own. I don't know enough to talk about the various types, but niigiro sake (unrefined sake) is delicious.

Are you refering to Cloudy Sake?
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Until a few weeks ago, I'd never had it. Then a visiting Japanese exchange student brought me a bottle of it. I've now had a few glasses of it over the weeks and still haven't really found it to my liking. Strange, conssidering there's not many things I don't like to drink.:P

What are some of the different types and how should it be served, such as warm or cold?

I love Sake. It does taste totally different without japanese food though. My friend and I were drinking it Tuesday night, and she and I agreed that it's one of the cleanest buzzes you can have. Now if you want to really experience life, drink about five Sake bombs. Take the little sake cup and drop it into a mug of the Japanese beer of your choice and kill it. You'll learn a new language...:P