Gawain

NEWS FLASH - Recovery, Walking, Honor

That's fantastic! It's so great to see how you're progressing and how kick ass your attitude about everything is. Thanks for sharing and for your sacrifice.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Keep up the good work (and you will). You look great, and I know you'll bring the same dedication to stuff in the future that you have been until now.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Congrats on receiving the Purple Heart, Max and I'm so glad to see you up and around. With your positive energy, I'd be surprised if they didn't start having you talk to other soldiers who are having trouble accepting the loss of limbs. I think you could probably help a whole bunch of people.

Oh, and your wife is beautiful! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Max that is so cool, hey you don't seem to have lost any weight either...that isn't easy to keep your weight up in the hospital...were they sneaking you food?;)

hehehe, anyways I am glad to see you are up and around, and I am envious of you as even with a prosthesis, you are still a better skydiver than I am!!!

looks like if you wrapped that leg with a padded neoprene cover it will generate as much lift as the other leg....think it will? and is that the "jumping leg?"

BTW I would have been pretty choked up if I was to have been awarded under the gaze of the Man Himself ...Commanding General of the Continental Army!....a Winner in the presence of a Winner!B|

the only thing that could have been better is if Thomas Jefferson was buying the beer!:D

Max,

Job well done. It looks like you got the head gear fixed too!;)

Keep up the good work, your enspiring a lot os us who just want to stay in bed some days.

Pass my admeration along to your Missus, for as strong as you are, she is stronger! (just ask her):P

Once your discarged make sure they give ya a flying leg!
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Cangrats on your recovery. In my 6 years of service I'm sure like you, you never expect nor hope to recieve that award. Wear it with pride, you deserve it!!! From one soldier to another my thoughts and prayers are with you and you wife during your recovery.

CPL T. M. Patterson Jr.
U.S. Army
June 12, 1998-June 11, 2004
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

I have no clue what to say except I have the utmost respect for you.

Keep us updated.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Thank you so much for sharing your story and for fighting for our country! You are such an inspiration! You and your wife (who is beautiful!) will be in my thoughts and prayers.

"me you alcohol a rig a car and a bunch of planes what could posibly go wrong" - Pruitt

Having a good woman by your side that will help you through anything, makes you a luckier man that most men with two legs.

Amen.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well spoken, sir.
Amen!

Careful - we'll side track this thread right into the womens forum.:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Job well done. It looks like you got the head gear fixed too!;)

Yeah, there's just nowhere around here to get a good "bic" cut. :P

On the leg front, I'll be getting more than one, that's for sure. I'll be as prepared as I can for jumping. B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Looking good bro. Keep on keeping on,- one foot in front of the other.;)

one foot in front of the outher is the problem he has now about 6000 miles between feet

only us grunts can see the humor in itB|

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

only us grunts can see the humor in it

Amen bro, and that only comes from having walked more than most people on the planet will ever walk in their life time. Nothing like an all terrain LPC to get your there.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

kind of like only we (grunts) can see the humor ,when zoomies(airforce) complain about how hard it is ,having to WALK all the way from there airconditioned barricks to there a/c mess hall

AND there feet hurt SOOOO bad

show leather express..11B

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com