adventurechick

Vegetarian.....

I've decided to give vegetarianism a shot for a month and see if I like it... except I can't give up fish... just too good! Anyways, I'm on day 7... and I have been so hungry... how do you do this without craving food every 3 hours??

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

You probably haven't been eating well balanced meals. Have you been getting enough protein? Anything with soy, fish, dairy products, eggs, ect... I've been a vegetarian for 9 years, and am still alive so it can be done :)

'Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain'

I want to feel healthier and try to stay fit!

strangly, i have read that vegetarians, usually end up gaining more weight. so be careful....

for those who go veg for the poor little bambies, then you better rethink it and go vegan, .. don't believe me, go read up on how they treat the chickens for eggs/all the chicks they blend up and such, .. and the way they treat the cows for milk.

but me, mmmmm mmm mmmmm, I'm a beef eater all the way!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I did it on a bet for a month in college. After winning I went to Momma's Ole Country Buffet in Atlanta and pigged out for several hours on nothing but meat.

Good luck!

:D
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Most meat that we eat is fed vegie stuff.... so we're vegies by proxy ... that's all.

Andy : Steak & Chips = good but cut out the shooms..... bad shit happens when you eat mold.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I want to feel healthier and try to stay fit!

There are much better ways to feel healthier and staying fit than giving up meat... getting exercize and taking your vitamins is a good start...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Here's the deal ... if you want to be a vegetarian, be a vegetarian. But don't just do it because it's trendy or because someone tells you "it's good for you." (And, conversely, don't do it because someone tells you "it's not good for you.") Do it because you've done the research and you believe that it's a healthy way for you to eat.

And then, get out there and learn about the best way to approach vegetarian eating... from somewhere other than a skydiving site!!!

I'm amazed at how many people will take on a new way of eating, whether it's becoming a vegetarian, or a vegan, or eating low-carb, or whatever, without really researching what they need to know to make sure that they still get complete and balanced nutrition.

I'm not a vegetarian, but gut instinct would say you're probably not getting enough protein. Seems logical that would be one of the things you have to re-learn with vegetarianism - what are good sources of healthy protein that work with your new way of eating.

If you want to be healthier, don't half-ass it. Go learn.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I don't call myself a vegetarian because I still eat egg and dairy products, so I just say I don't eat meat, and have been this way for 25 years. I don't mind animals being killed, I just don't want to eat meat. I never bring it up in conversation unless there is a reason to let people know, such as letting them know why I won't try some food they are offering me. It is irritating when vegetarian activists try to push their choices on others.

I suggest going to a natural foods market, there are springing up a lot lately, you don't have to just rely on tiny, expensive little health food stores. These places have a lot of variety which makes it possible to not be bored, and have it taste really good. You will often find really good health food stores, sometimes cooperative type stores near large Universities or hippie hangout neighborhoods. I learned a lot thanks to a co-op store next to Arizona State Univ, called Gentle Strength.

There are some fake burger/meat type stuff that is really awful, and some that is really good. I have brought chili to potluck dinners that has fooled everybody there, and gardenburger makes outstanding fake burgers and their barbeque riblets are incredible. Morningstar farms and some others make some fake chicken patties that are great, but I think boca burgers suck. You now can find a lot of these products in mainstream groceries.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

don't call myself a vegetarian because I still eat egg and dairy products,

in common parlance you are a vegetarian, just not a vegan.

Even vegatarian animals drink milk sometimes. If they're mammals.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I was a vegetarian for most of my life, due to my religion. Then I realized I didn't really give a shit about the religous reasons for being a vegetarian, and now I eat chicken and fish, and some other meat.

But as a vegetarian, I ate lots of the imitation meat products. They've got alot of protein because they're mostly made of soy or other high protein products, and some are actually really yummy.

Like KC said, make sure you've researched HOW to eat healthily as a vegetarian before you give it a go. You've really gotta make sure you do it right.

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

I carry in my wallet a little poem called "The Man & The Starfish."

In short, it just means that while you might not be able to save the world, what little things you do still make a difference.

I can't call myself vegan or vegatarian, b/c I too can't give up fish, or more especially CHEESE.

<----loves cheeses:D

I call myself 75% vegan/vegetarian. We eat fish---but only wild caught. And every now and then, a girl needs a steak or grease-burger:P

As far as being hungry every 3 hours--I EAT every 3 hours, so that's how I curb that:D

Not sure if you've chosen it for health reasons or animal welfare or both. I chose this style of living when I was 11 years old mostly at that time for animal welfare, now for both animal welfare & health.

So, dont' get mad at yourself for having fish or some other meat once in a while. You're still making a huge difference to your body and to animal welfare by not eating it on a regular basis;)

Nothing has to be extreme. :P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

well said. I'm a 31 year old male who's been a vegetarian for a little over three years. I do it for ethical reasons along with some health reasons. You can be a vegetarian and still be good to chickens and cows by buying free range chickens and drinking soy milk. It is pretty hard to completely cut out animal bi-products... gelatin is in tons of stuff... but you can try to make a difference. It is also easier to eat healthy, being as it's hard to eat fast food (which is the downfall of today's obese society). Burger King is one of the only places that has a veggie burger. Also, I personally feel that animals weren't put on this earth to be glutonously eaten. Animals were here long before humankind yet somehow we feel we should be able to murder them by the millions... half of which is wasted... so we can have a nice steak. For those of you with children... how would you feel if your child was kidanpped and murdered. Go ahead and say it,it's not the same, but, a life is a life is a life. Who are we to say whose life is important or not? We're a bunch of assholes. That's all

Also, I personally feel that animals weren't put on this earth to be glutonously eaten.

So why are they on earth? Why are we here? Its not gluttony its called survival.

how would you feel if your child was kidanpped and murdered.

wow, your comparing eating meat with peoples children being kidnapped and murdered?

a life is a life is a life.

so what do you eat then? Eggs are baby chicks that didnt get a chance, fruits and vegtables are alive... a life is not a life is a life.... its called survival, the strongest survive and figure out how to live a better existence...

I personally think we should breed more cows so we can have t-bones cheaper so they can be put into my budget....

now I am hungry for steak .....
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

really. it's not gluttony. why are 40% of americans fat. that's right fat. it's called fast food. mcdonalds, bk,kfc (all of which treat their animals ... well like pieces of meat...no quality of life. do these places help your existance? enhance your life? i'm sure you would do just fine without them. yet, 40% of americans are fat. nah, no gluttony here. you're right, i'm wrong. sorry.

40% of americans are fat. nah, no gluttony here. you're right, i'm wrong. sorry.

Oh bother we just had this discussion... :S it was moved to SC... Yes many americans are overwieght... but being @ the top of food chain does mean that we can and should be able to eat any animals below us in the food chain... (I suggest you or anyone else wander around in the wilderness where you aren't the the top of the food chain anymore... :D that or you could just watch that movie about the guy that got eaten by a bear... the bear didn't seem to have any problems eating that man...)

Edited to add... SC here I come... (even if its in a couple of days...:ph34r:)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Eating meat is not gluttony, the amount of food one eats is. 40% of all americans are fat not because of the meats , but because of many factors associated with food, exercise and lifestyle. There are fat vegatarians also. I know for a fact I am a glutton, meat, sweets, everything... and I enjoy fast food and guess what? Im not fat. My sister is a vegan, a complete vegan and is a foot shorter then me and 30 pounds heavier. Although she is not fat by any means.

And domesticated animals that are breeding for food are just pieces of meat, I do not always approve of how they are cared for and slaughtered but thats mostly because those two things alter the taste of my dinner... if we were talking bushmeat I would have a different opinion.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this