bigway

What is langar like

Reasonably big DZ, i have only been during boogie time but it seems to have everything you would want! There are a few regular langar jumpers on here so it shouldn't be too long before one chimes in.....
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Have you checked out the dz.com reviews?

The majority of my jumps (including AFF) have been at Langar. I like it. We just got a 2nd grand caravan so we have 2 turbines all year round. They just carpeted the new hangar so we can pack in there. Everyone's pretty friendly, plenty of groups to join in whatever jumping you're in to.
Facilities are a bit basic. The showers work but they're really not great.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Like most DZ in the UK, not without it's problems, but I think it's great. I live in north-west London and there are 8 dropzones that are closer to me, but Langar is the one I call home.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Its been a few years since I was last there, but good people generally, nice planes, and a good vibe.

These days I look for more in a DZ, like creche facilities, but I'm probably being too fussy.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I was there about 2.5 years ago and I had a nice time there! Everyone was super friendly and they really went out of their way to make sure we were safe. I only had about 50 jumps back then so I understand why. At the end of the day the beers flowed just like everywhere else.

Have a great time!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

These days I look for more in a DZ, like creche facilities, but I'm probably being too fussy. B|

I'm pretty good with kids, i used to be called 'uncle death' by one of my mates kids. :)

Langer is my home too, even though i've never jumped solo in the UK.

And i'll be there on Friday for about an hour or so.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Ask them what the toilets and showers are like. There is more reseach into bological warfare going on in there than anywhere else in the world B|

Bumping a really old thread I know...

Visited Langar this weekend and I am pleased to report that the long promised new showers are finished and they are absolutely excellent - almost certainly the nicest DZ showers anywhere in the UK.

The new roof on the clubhouse etc is nice too - lots of little improvements since I was last there and all in all I was very impressed.

Nice one Langar! B|

Vicki